1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How did you use your flashlight today?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by david57strat, Jan 24, 2015.

1. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

the lady didn't tell me what I was looking for, but I saw a prescription bottle in the hands earlier. floors were painted black.

2. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I've been in bars like that too

3. david57strat

david57strat EDC Junkie!!!

Not really much of the bar type, these days; but I've played in a bunch of them, over the years (as a guitarist, in a band setting), and I can remember so many of them were so dimly lit, you literally needed a flashlight to see your stuff (As you were digging through a mass of sound cables, before and after the show, especially).

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  4. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

Hunting down my godforsaken dog.
    He was in the woods.

Took these:
    [​IMG]

And brought him back to this:

[​IMG]

He's a good dog.

5. Welfare

Welfare Loaded Pockets

A feral cat got in the house. I found it sat in my chair so I used my 6P to look for anything that may have jumped off it!

ran23 and Water-Rat like this.
  6. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I used the light on my desk (freebie 9-LED 3xAAA) to find a folder in a cubby hole in the desk. Yesterday I was doing my taxes and used my Olight i3s to find last year's tax info in a folder deep in a similar cubby hole.

7. jdawg1235

jdawg1235 Empty Pockets

Well I looked for lost items under a car seat. I found some change and junk. Now I'm a few pennies closer to a new knife.

ran23 likes this.
  8. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

I work at an environmental lab as a technical analyst, sysadmin, supervisor, fixer, etc etc. I got a lot of hats, is what I'm sayin'.
    Today, I am running two GCs and a couple of Mass Specs, trying to troubleshoot a coworker's computer, and figuring out what is wrong with a different department's report format.
    I'm in the middle of this when somebody comes and asks for a flashlight to look for a leak in an autoclave.

They know me well enough to know I'd have one, and I hardly even look at them as I absentmindedly reach in my pocket and hand them a torch. Was carrying the ZL SC63w (really loving this light, btw).
    I go back to what I am doing. Had almost found the corrupted dll that was giving the coworker fits and had just passed a daily on a particularly finicky FID. Everything was coming up roses.

Maybe a minute later, I hear a yell and a crash of glassware breaking.
    I go to investigate, and find that the coworker with my torch had nearly blinded themselves using my tiny little pocket flashlight that they had assumed was not particularly bright.

I felt sort of bad.

Never did find out if that autoclave was leaking. Guess I'll look at that in the morning.

PragmaticMurphyist and sungame like this.
  9. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

I used my Lumapower EDC LM-31 to navigate my darkened house waaaaaaaaay to early this morning.

10. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Hot weather here and my sprinklers didn't water the lawn. One stripped out head, so I had to find the connection under all that mud with my P61 LED.

11. Welfare

Welfare Loaded Pockets

I went running early and put my S1 in the key pocket of my shorts... it was not needed... unfortunately.

12. veriest1

veriest1 Loaded Pockets

I used my 6p clone to search deodorant and opaque hairgel for contraband. Then later I used it to backlight the cover of a book so I could read the text that had been (unsuccessfully) hidden there between layers of tape and scrap paper.

13. Exwai

Exwai Loaded Pockets

Tested the strobe accidentally on myself while checking the cree bulb. Almost threw up...

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  14. Pocketses

Pocketses Empty Pockets

Improvising while traveling: Bounced the beam of the moonlight setting on my new Olight S1 Baton to create mood lighting in the bedroom ;)

15. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

Under the car bleeding brakes, changing oil, tune up.

16. Sao
    • In Omnia Paratus

Sao Loaded Pockets

Looking for a dog lead in a dark room with my D25a clicky

17. Exwai

Exwai Loaded Pockets

I was EDCing my ultrafire last night at the beach then used it to spot crabss and fishes. Then me and my buddies used it as a disco light while partying then I fell into a swimming pool.
    My light was totally submerged then the light started to flutter so I put it away. I didn't take out the battery until now. Wonder if it still works. The insides of my flashlight was pretty soaked.

18. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I have had no use for it today so far. The ubiquitous clear blue sky and sunshine we Californians pay dearly for has abated the need for artificial lighting.

19. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

That was what sold me on Surefire lights. Dropped one off the roof years ago. Bounced twice off the cool deck and into the pool. Beam didn't even flicker.

20. dreiwhit

dreiwhit Loaded Pockets

I used my Streamlight Stinger (with TerraLux LED upgrade) to check dark rooms and a dark gym while working security.