1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How did you use your flashlight today?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by david57strat, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Spike190

Spike190 Loaded Pockets

Yesterday night my bedside lamp died. So I used my Thrunite Archer 1A V2 instead. But I already did this often because I just like the light it puts out :)
    It has a neutral white LED. And sometimes I want lower or brighter light and my bedside lamp only has single output.
    I was also falling asleep some times and left the light on but on firefly or low mode it doesn't need a lot of energy. It has a good runtime on a AA battery I think.

2. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

3. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I travel for work, and I've been through two evacuations due to hotel fires. Last night I kept my NiteCore MT10C on in red mode near my pants, shoes and other gear, so that if I needed to move quickly in the middle of the night in an unfamiliar room, I would be able to do so without delay.

Spike190 likes this.
  4. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

I went to a Batchelor party in Atlantic City years ago. I was more hung over than I have ever been, and some dolt in the hotel lit his mattress on fire. So I had to shuffle down 12 flights of stairs in the worst shape of my life. My buddy in the next room was in similar shape, so he just crawled into his closet and covered himself with laundry so they wouldn't see him when they searched the room. I know I did the smart thing, but I was envious of him at the time.

Water-Rat, ran23 and chaosmagnet like this.
  5. DennisM

DennisM Loaded Pockets

Very mundane use: to provide the extra light I needed so I could change the surgical dressing on my wife's foot.

Water-Rat likes this.
  6. Blown04GT

Blown04GT Loaded Pockets

Electricians are working on our new warehouse and the lights were out in the bathroom. New Olight S1 came in handy :)

keith1234 likes this.
  7. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Fenix LD10 to check on how much gas was in my generator since I was selling it. Wanted to make sure there was enough to start it for the person buying it to see that it worked.

8. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

I used a Fenix E15 to illuminate a dark corner of the shelves above my desk, where I located my comb that I had been looking for for a couple of days. :)

keith1234 likes this.
  9. SoCo

SoCo Loaded Pockets

Used my quark in the attic to pull out some Halloween decorations.

keith1234 likes this.
  10. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

The school I work at lost power today for 5-10 minutes. I am so glad this forum talked me into edcing a flashlight. I rarely use it at work, but it made all the difference today. The kids were just coming back from lunch and getting their things from their lockers. The classrooms have plenty of light from the windows, but there's no light at all in the locker area. The kids that didn't have their phones in flashlight mode were freaking out. I took my Illuminati AAA and ceiling bounced it for a bit so people could see where they were going. Then, I used my light to help students see to open their lockers and get to class.

keith1234 likes this.
  11. Uchuujin

Uchuujin Empty Pockets

Used my Maratac Cu AAA last night.... to find my Nitecore MH20 that i dropped under some seats while leaving a theater... Friends were certainly amused that i had used a (second) torch to find a torch...

chaosmagnet, keith1234 and Spike190 like this.
  12. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I used my Fenix LD10 to go out in the dark last night to drain the water out of my garden hose spigot line. I shut the water off going to the spigot in the basement then had to go outside and release the water since the temps were dropping to near freezing last night. Don't want a burst water pipe even if it is outside.

13. dplafoll

dplafoll Loaded Pockets

I'm an IT tech at company HQ and I just used my light to help me install RAM in a machine under a desk.

smokingfish likes this.
  14. david57strat

david57strat EDC Junkie!!!

Last night, I used my Zebralight SC62W, ceiling bounced, to help my dad read some documents.

smokingfish likes this.
  15. michaelh73

michaelh73 Loaded Pockets

Brand new Elzetta Charlie was used to help my mom get a new floor lamp set up for me.

(Finding power plugs behind my desk..)

16. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Due to construction a part of the park i walk through to work has no light and is pitch black, use my preon 2 every day for two weeks to see the gravel path :)

keith1234 and Water-Rat like this.
  17. Bedlam

Bedlam Loaded Pockets

Eagtac D25A Ti to light up the garage. At 10am. Because I didn't want to turn on the light.. because I wanted to use my torch, haha.

18. jps

jps Loaded Pockets

Use my iPhone light almost every night when we close the shop....switch in the front the lounge side doesn't work and with the time change it is very dark here at closing.

19. Hussar305

Hussar305 Loaded Pockets

I've been using my hds clicky every night this week walking from my treestand back to my truck and will use it again tonight.

Bowman1911 likes this.
  20. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

Usually use my keychain when walking my dog after I get home from work, which is usually 10 pm.

Last night I did a little bonfire and used the keychain for tinder gathering in the yard.

keith1234 likes this.