1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How and why... Do you choose what color for a watch face??

Discussion in 'Watches' started by marsos52, Aug 3, 2010.

1. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

black, white, blue, they all look awesome..i really like just the old school plain white or off white watch faces..
    but, i also find the darker color face make the watch easier to read quickly.. the darker faces make the hands of the watch stick out better..

thinking of getting a higher end watch.. lum tec or traser H3,, or something similar.. most have watch face color options for at least two colors,,so how do you guys decide???

just by looks? or .................

thanks

2. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

Unless you are scuba diving, doing night operations or some other extreme activity, I believe you get what you like, or what looks different, or fits in your collection.

3. Bravo_Kilo
    • In Omnia Paratus

Bravo_Kilo Loaded Pockets

I really like black or off-white watch faces. I love the carbon fiber dials of the Lum-Tecs. Not big on blue or other color faces.

4. dieselgeek

dieselgeek Loaded Pockets

I've only ever had one white watch. All the others are black dials.
    [​IMG]

5. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

thats a beauty in any color ... wow

6. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I don't really care what color a watch face is, as long as it's not flashy. That rules out red, bright orange, yellow, etc. I'm a large guy and that's noticeable enough. I don't need any additional flash to attract someone's attention to my watch or to me. I guess that falls more or less under my motto that it's better in almost all situations to be underestimated.

7. RGNY

RGNY Empty Pockets

generally i prefer black faces on watches for versatility, but occasionally you just need a pop of color:

[​IMG]

although not an issue on a Monster, an orange face helps low light visibility if the watche's lume is sub par.

8. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

I prefer to go for black faces.

The main reason is I just like the look of them, but being dark they have great legibility with white or lumed hands, and when you consider full outfits, black will work with anything and never stands out in the way an orange face might.

9. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

like that orange monster ...i have the same only mine has a braclet band instead if the strap band ...ok here is the two watches im thinking of,,same watch one white face and one black...need some thoughts ..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

The black version looks better.I've owned white-faced watches but don't like them anymore.Now I go for gold or silver-coloured ones. Like black ones too but only owned one watch with a black face and it wasn't something special to look at.

11. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Generally, white on a black face. But that's just what I'm used to.

12. rmfromm

rmfromm Loaded Pockets

I generally like the look of the black faced watches better. And I find that in the night the glow in the dark hands are easier to read on black.