1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Honestly...the value of this forum

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by SwampDonkey, May 4, 2020.

1. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Loaded Pockets

Maybe it's because I have been driven, focused on the daily race and oblivious to my peripherals? Maybe it's because I gave up on "boards" in favor of other media exchange a long while back and forgot the initial reason they existed? Maybe it's because I ride dual sports/fish/lift/shoot/hike/whatever solo vs in groups? Maybe it's because my social circles have limited people that think like me......or you?

It's been nice to see the diverse styles and approaches not just to EDC, but life on this thread. One thing that is readily apparent is that many of you do not subscribe to the average production zone mentality in your selection of intricacies such as a watch, blade, whatever and or that you have unique taste. Where am I going with this post? Just saying some of the posts on this board have either inspired me or made me open doors I left closed for a while. Some of you classy SOB's challenge the standard in what you select to carry, and that is good. It has been a valued call to slightly re-examine my own dogmatic approach to the hamster wheel. Take it as you will. Keep contributing, I'll try to do the same.

MatBlack, medic68, Froley and 10 others like this.
  2. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Agreed. I’ve enjoyed this place over the years. Met some great folks and learned more than I could have ever asked for.

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I'll second those thoughts gents.

Although I have to confess the first 6 months to a year after 'discovering' edcf my budget went to hell in a hand basket! Just barely recovering now. :)

Hey, maybe I forgot to read the warning in the Forum intro about the need for self control? ;)

But I'm not going away either! :)

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

4. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

I'll be honest
    I came here to save time. I much prefer the forum platforms over social media platforms so when I got interested in EDC I searched for "edc forum" and this forum came up. In time I registered with BF and WUS as well, but I only go there on rare occasions when I'm looking for very specific information. Day to day, I much prefer the "little bit of everything" that I get here.
    Another reason I keep coming back is, like I've mentioned before", the slow pace and friendly tone. Information overload, whining and trolling is all to common (on the internet) these days. This place, and mostly the EDC community in general, seems to be made up of very friendly people.

If there is one thing I'm missing on this forum, it's more threads on how to do stuff yourself. It's a wee bit consumer oriented, with many of us just buying stuff and showing it off. That's OK, but I'm quite certain there are many users on here that has much experience in a wide area of modding, maintenance, repairing and even down right making things from scratch. If some of these users took it upon themselves to make "project threads" and let us n00bs have a look into their process, I think it would make this forum even more interesting, and hopefully inspire more members to get creative and share their process. With time, I'm hoping I can contribute more myself, but not quite there yet..

medic68, Fishin Fool, EMarkM and 3 others like this.
  5. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

EDCF has always been a place that gives you some real world perspective on some items that one may never see carried by anyone else.

I would also like to see (and post!) more about the things that we do and how we do them that are unique or convenient. I just don't seem to be able to take the time.

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk

twin63, SwampDonkey and aicolainen like this.
  6. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Well, I think forums assure us that we at least all have one thing in common...an addiction to EDC. With some of the higher end stuff, I think it's good that a man's reach should exceed his grasp...:bounce:

#6 Tesla, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  7. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Stay hungry. Stay foolish. :)

8. Gaulois

Gaulois Loaded Pockets

Been there for a few years now. Probably one of my best Internet moves. Never saw or had an argue with anybody, people are so nice one to another, no competition etc. I deserted another EDC based forum hosted in my country for such deviances.

Also, I'm happy to have started contacts with people from around the world that way.

9. suburbDad

suburbDad Loaded Pockets

I’ve gone through what you’ve felt.

but I can’t stop coming back..

I realize I may seem to view certain things as cliche but I still enjoy the process of how others view edc and see the evolution of what edc means depending on different regions

10. xtrajack

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

One of the few places that seems to be free from the general divisiveness running rampant in the world today.

11. medic68

medic68 Loaded Pockets

There is a level of "politeness" here that I find refreshing. Like the OP said, "some of you classy bastards challenge the standard" and I like that,

xtrajack likes this.
  12. HeadOffice

HeadOffice Loaded Pockets

I deleted my social media accounts and never looked back...