1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice
  1. T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers Loaded Pockets

I recently changed jobs and now work from home most days. That means most things I might need are not too far away and my true EDC can be absolute minimum: phone and a Gerber Dime.

What is your "at home" carry?

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  2. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Mine is the same whether home or away. Dopp front pocket wallet, Stainless Machine Era Compact pen clipped in LF pocket...Case lockback folder and keyring with cigar punch & bottle opener in RF pocket....Thorfire TS-07 stainless clickie light clipped in RF pocket. Unbreakable comb in R hip pocket.

3. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Like Tesla, mine is typically the same whether I'm home or out. Exception...I had surgery 8 weeks ago and had a fairly tough recovery for about 5 weeks after. I still kept a knife and a light in my short's pockets, but it was either a Spyderco Ladybug and button light or a Vic Classic and Olight AAA. Didn't feel right without (at least) those.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  4. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

AAA olight, minichamp. If my collection of knives and lights were to disappear I think I'd miss them the most.

5. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

There's not an inhome or out of home status, for me.
    I carry my EDC bag. Nothing more, nothing less. Always.
    Regularly checked, refilled if needed, swapped with new items etc...
    It travels all along the rooms as well as me, day and night.
    A couple of seconds, grab the bag and go, this is my norm, since far.
    Sort of EDC slavery ? May be. But...

Estote parati.

dhw46725 likes this.
  6. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

You take a bag from room to room in your home? What benefit does that provide for You? What happens if you don't take your bag? Not being rude. I'm just curious.

7. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I feel comfortably reassured to see that it is there in my nearings ... :)

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.
  8. Gary Gross

Gary Gross Loaded Pockets

I have every tool and EDC item known to man (and a few that remain unknown) in my home. I carry my phone and a Vic midnight manager if I'm just lounging. No point in loading my pockets. If I'm working on something, I carry whatever I need.

Moshe ben David and Nick4305 like this.
  9. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Just my watch. If there's anything I need, I just walk to where its at which is near my computer anyway. I don't let this EDC stuff rule my life.

10. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

Pretty much the same here. Not evem my watch at home. I may have a knife in my pocket, but otherwise I don't carry unless I leave the house. My usual edc on a work day is WAY different to a non work day.
    I don't understand the need to have all this stuff when it's easily accessible. I'm slightly concerned about the more obsessed types (from a professional point of view. I'm a psych nurse. ).

11. flux

flux Loaded Pockets

As long as I have pants on, there is always wallet, lighter, Thrunite T10S flashlight, LM squirt and a cadet in my pockets. These items never bother me. I am happy to have them. The phone will sit on a charger when home. Next to the keys. Watch stays on.

I could probably use a smaller AAA flashlight like the ti5 or ti3 or olight i3s, but the t10s is my favorite since 3 years, and the clip just rules, so it stays clipped. Plus it has longer runtimes and perfect mode spacing for my uses.

Since I eventually adopted the LM squirt after I sadly lost my mini vic classic I might change to a single bladed vic solo or any other single blade due to tool redundancy, but I dont trust the tiny squirt screwdrivers too much, since I once used them hard right when I got it and almost bent the tool. I actually bent it and then bent it back to working state and was more careful about what to throw at it.

The cadet is a lot more sturdy and gets used a lot around the house and still slimmer than a solo or any other folder I have. For me, my beloved SAK red oldcross Farmer got just too chunky for edc in jeans and the pioneer as well. Had a farmer and sak mini classic in my pockets everyday for many years and loved it! But I rarely need the extra toughness since real tools are always closeby. So I settled with tiny squirt tool and the cadet. I firstthought the cadet was ridiculous with its nailfile, but I loved it soon for the slim profile and the nailfile gets a lot of use at home for poking around for lego pieces between floor boards and opening screws in toy cars. I use the other drivers for almost every screw that needs to be turned in kitchen or bathroom, heating etc.

Still farmer awl and saw and the whole package you get are the bees knees. Everyone should have a farmer if you have a garden or go outdoors frequently.

Squirt ps4 is for repairing toys or opening laptops or pulling stuff from tiny spaces etc.. and the bottle opener is a bad joke. But who needs one anyway.. Still i like this tiny tool a lot and it gets daily use.

I am probably just too lazy to dump and refill the pockets each time i get home and leave the house, I only do it when I change pants. Still, nice to always have a tool when I need it. And maybe the reason I use the stuff at home so much is because these small useful items are always there.

I dont think I am obsessed with this edc stuff. These are just the items I found really practical to have with me, even at home. There is also the humble cotton handkerchief in my backpocket. Use that daily as well.

My grandfather had one always, too and a small pocket knife. Nowadays we can add a flashlight easily. Hanky and flashlight can save the day. Or night, if you need to check on your baby or whatever.

Last edited by flux, Jul 3, 2018
    #11 flux, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    twin63 and Moshe ben David like this.
  12. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

Once I change into my stay at home garb this is my minimalist or 'home carry'

[​IMG]

Always have at least a knife, light and firearm where permitted.

[​IMG]

I sleep with this as well.

13. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

At home, if I'm still wearing my jeans or other clothes from the day then whatever is in those pockets is still with me.

Usually though I change into more comfortable sweats. For just around the house I have a simple keyring on which I have a SAK Fieldmaster, a Spyderco Ladybug Salt with SE grind, and a NiteCore Tube. Interesting enough, the Nitecore Tube gets at least as much use as either of the knives -- sometimes moving around the lower level light switches at one end once turned off mean the entire lower level is dark. Using the keyring light means I don't have to bother going back and forth to turn on the stairway light so as to navigate... which means no more bumping into obstacles! ;)

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

twin63 likes this.
  14. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

I don't usually carry anything on me when at home. I take everything out of my pants pockets right after I get home from work. When occasionally working from home, I keep my cell phone with me if I am away from my desk.

15. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

I do also try take my phone with me room to room but it is not actually 'on me' as my home garb (basketball shorts or sweats in the winter) usually do not have pockets.

16. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Should have said I also keep my cell phone in my pocket while at home. Ditched the land line years ago. May not hear the cell phone if I just leave it lying around.... in fact I KNOW I won't hear it -- which is very often a good thing! ;)

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  17. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

I don't carry mine at home. I just leave it on the charger or wherever I last used it. With all the scam calls I get, I don't answer the phone unless I can see that it's someone I know. I figure, if its important, they can call back or leave a message.

18. isoarska

isoarska Loaded Pockets

I empty usually my pockets at home. Cellphone is sometimes in my pocket, sometimes not. Smartwatch on my wrist and that's it.

kikaida likes this.
  19. plumberroy

plumberroy Loaded Pockets

Absolute minimum> knife, lighter and glock 42.

20. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

cold steel bird and game around my neck when im in my PJs (t shirt and basketball shorts) sometimes a maglite 2AA LED or a Solitaire LED. I keep my phone nearby but never on my person. I generally like having some kind of firearm in the room or nearby when not on my person.