1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Homage watches pro et con

Discussion in 'Watches' started by gstojinovic, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Blak Smyth

Blak Smyth Loaded Pockets

2. Red33

Red33 Loaded Pockets

Well I sent an inquiry to Getat to see if they/he is willing to do anything about my watch. I also addressed the lack of Superlume and a small issue with the strap I chose. (Like I didn't get the one I had chosen that is pictured on the website). I guess if he is unable/unwilling to do anything, I could order another case and have the movement installed I suppose. As it stands now, the watch is useless. Normal spring bars will not work due to the varying dimensions of the holes in the lug. One side of the bar mikes out at 1.2 and the other side at 1.56. I might be able to order some oversize bars and get them to work, but then I will have to modify the strap.
    Suggestions?

In the time being, if I was going to order from Getat, I would ask to be sure I was receiving a case that uses screw in bars.

3. Red33

Red33 Loaded Pockets

Last Update for now: Getat replied back asking for photos of the problems. I grabbed a few quick pics and sent them to him, and less than an hour later he replied and said if I would ship the watch back, he would address all the issues. So, I am going to ship it out in the morning. I will update this if anyone is interested when the watch returns.
    Looks as if he is willing to stand by his products, which is great.

Froley likes this.
  4. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

This came in today from MilitaryTime. First thing I did was replace the band with one from Strap Culture.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Froley

Froley Loaded Pockets

Excellent and enjoy it--yours is a great looking watch----my order from military time has been in shipment for 8 days now and hoping for arrival soon...

hatchetjack likes this.
  6. hatchetjack

I think you're gonna like it. Wears really nice for it's size and looks very clean.

7. Froley

Froley Loaded Pockets

Just received my order yesterday----
    Keeping excellent time--my only complaint is the band, which is crap.
    The band is also held to the casing by pins---which i cannot seem to be able to remove--gently anyway.
    I have a new band in stock--I just have to wait for the newness to wear off and then i have to try to force the pins out----who knows.
    I love the watch tho....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. hatchetjack

Is it a Parnis auto? The pins for my band are threaded screws.

9. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

What with all this stuff I'm hearing lately on weird strap attachments? Don't know why they'd want to mess with the simple screw and tubes or spring bars.

Froley likes this.
  10. Froley

Froley Loaded Pockets

I have another homage purchased from helenarou which came with threaded screws--
    for whatever reason these are straight pins-- for sure tho this does not ruin my wonderment for the watch---just a problem to
    figure out--------

11. hatchetjack

Which vendor was this from? Want to hopefully avoid this hassle.

12. Froley

Froley Loaded Pockets

It was from Military time---although it may be just this MM194 model this is my first order from them.

hatchetjack likes this.
  13. hatchetjack

Same place I got my black one. Maybe the 40mm models are using the different pin. Are they spring loaded?

14. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

Maybe shoulderless spring bars?

15. Froley

Froley Loaded Pockets

They are for sure not spring loaded---although I have seen aftermarket bands come with spring loaded pins----

16. Froley

Froley Loaded Pockets

I've tried removing them as if they were hidden springs but no luck there either-thanks for the suggestion.

17. Froley

Froley Loaded Pockets

OK
    I figured out the pin problem and have changed watch bands....on the rear of the case were two indents which when pushed released the pins for removal...the strangest system i have ever seen but----i now have a new band on the watch.

hatchetjack likes this.
  18. Veatorious

Veatorious Loaded Pockets

I know this is a older post and topic, but wanted add my .2 cents due to some recent action on this thread... First, Jake B. at Dagaz is a stellar guy. He has continued on a legacy from Fuller and has been releasing some amazing watches as of late, from the Tsunami to the most recent Typoon. Highly recommend. Jake made me a custom Tsunami and was a key source during my modding phase of life.

As for the word homage in the watch world- this does not always equate to 'fake', nor deemed a negative thing, in most cases homage is in direct corliation to the to micro brands. It is also note worthy that most of your Tag's, Omega's, and alike are a homage to the foudning fathers of dive watches. In my opnion homage can mean anything from paying respect, execution of a design element, rather it be the case, bezel, hands, dial, crystal, etc. In all honesty some of my previous micro brand watches have delivered similuar quality to my DOXA's, Seiko MM300, Seiko Prospex Tuna's, Sinn, and even my Omega Seamaster. So don't hesiate to give the micro brands a shot.

Froley likes this.
  19. Red33

Red33 Loaded Pockets

Update: it's been almost a month since I sent my watch back to Getat....no reply to inquiry whatsoever at this point..and it's been a month since I ordered from Military Time. Tracking shows it is in the US but that's it. Not good at all...

20. hatchetjack

MT takes awhile. They ship 10 days after payment then another 2 weeks TYD. You'll be fine. I just ordered another one from them a couple days ago.