1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Homage watches pro et con

Discussion in 'Watches' started by gstojinovic, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Nkelly226

Nkelly226 Loaded Pockets

Still liking the parnis ?

2. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

I am, so much that I ordered a black PVD with a sterile face. Also ordered another strap for it from Strap Culture. I'm wearing it as I type.

Nkelly226 likes this.
  3. Nkelly226

Nkelly226 Loaded Pockets

I might end up getting one soon I need a :censored:. Winder already so 1 more watch isn't gonna help there

4. hatchetjack

Realize, I just wear this as a casual day/day watch. For real beat on use, I go with a G-Shock. I like something that looks nice after I clean up for the day and no, I would not wear a real PAM for the type of work I do in a warehouse.

Nkelly226 likes this.
  5. hatchetjack

My latest one is a hand wind. No date so I can let it go if need be.

Nkelly226 likes this.
  6. Nkelly226

Nkelly226 Loaded Pockets

Not bad, I have two autos and one I just got recently which had apparently sat for a while because I had to "wind" it when I first got it and a few times since getting it so I'd like to pick up a winder or make one. Yea I remembered us talking about the gshock I've been meaning to run an pick one up but been forgetting to do so when I'm out and about

7. Red33

Red33 Loaded Pockets

Any of you folks that have ordered from Getat....how long does it take to receive a order? I ordered on the 27th of July and got notice of shipment on August 10. Tracking number I have does not work. Debating on filing a Paypal claim. I am gonna give it another week.
    Any feedback is appreciated.

8. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

Mine took several weeks total. They are assembled to order.

I always expect a whole 2 weeks for shipments from Asia.

I've never heard of anyone getting ripped off from GETAT. They have a TON of customers over on WUS.

9. Red33

Red33 Loaded Pockets

Don't think I am getting ripped off, but thought maybe there might be a problem. Their website states that shipping will take place 5 days after payment is made via PP, mine took almost 2 weeks. Tracking for post office does not work also. Kind of leaves me wondering if there is a problem. Like I said, I will give it another week......

Nkelly226 likes this.
  10. Red33

Red33 Loaded Pockets

Update: Watch made it here Saturday. Not bad. A few rough edges and a crappy band. Oh, and I ordered the dial and hands with Superlume and got nada. No lume at all on the dial and the hands glow for maybe 30 minutes.
    It won't be kicking my Ball watches out of the rotation anytime soon, but makes a decent beater watch, I suppose.
    Don't know that I would order from Getat again, as I have seen this exact watch about $40 cheaper on other sites. Had I gotten what I requested, probably would give them another chance.

11. hatchetjack

Any pics you'd like to post? I'm looking to get another one and would like to see what they deliver.

12. Blak Smyth

Blak Smyth Loaded Pockets

I would like to see pics too, my getat is pretty well made. Superlume is really bright but doesn't last long. Terrible band I agree, replaced that in a hurry.

13. Red33

Red33 Loaded Pockets

Sorry. I don't have any pictures at this time.
    I definitely got left out on the Superlume part, but it could have been a mistake on my part when I placed the order. I was pretty sure I specified the dial and hands all to include the SL, but I had a glitch during the ordering process and somehow ordered 5 watches! I had to cancel and start over, so I may have not marked it on my reorder.
    I have a band on order from Panatime, but I'm not sure if it will work. I tried removing the band from my watch this morning and one side easily came free, but the other will not budge. It looks as if there is a tiny set screw that holds pressure on the "spring bar". I didn't fool with it very long, and a little pressure may pop it free. I will try when the band gets here.

I guess if I had to compare quality of this watch with another, I would say it is Invicta quality comparable. I would guess ther are better homage watches out there, but it curbed my curiosity about owning a Pam type watch. If it holds up ok, I may order my son a Rolex style homage.

14. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

There shouldn't be any spring bars at all. There should be a long screws on each set of lugs. The strap should have metal tubes in the the end for the screw to pass through.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by amacman, Aug 26, 2013
    hatchetjack likes this.
  15. Red33

Red33 Loaded Pockets

Nope. There are no spring bars, but just couldn't think what else to call them!
    There is a long rod, no threads, nor any kind of slot in which a screw driver would go.
    Band has no sleeves.

The bar that goes through the lugs has a small notch at one end. On the back side of the lug there is the tiniest set screw I have ever seen. It looks as if it goes through the lug and holds tension on the bar. Then again, I may not have a clue what I am talking about as I just gave it a quick glance.
    First thing I checked the lugs to see if the bars screwed in. When I saw no slots, I just gave the bar a slight push with the straight end of a band tool and it popped right out. Removed the band and placed the bar back in the lug, and noticed there is no retention of the bar whatsoever. Figured it was already torn up, tried it back in the lug along with the band, and it kind of clicked in place. So I really have no clue.

16. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

Pics would be good. MAybe you're describing shoulderless spring bars. I'm assuming you have the same case style as the pic above and not the Radiomir style.

17. Red33

Red33 Loaded Pockets

The bars look like screw in type bars, but with no threads. They are not spring bars.
    When you look at the back of the case, there is a tiny set screw on one lug on both the top and bottom of the case. I am now certain this is how the bars are held in place.
    I did get the band off by lightly tapping out the bars with the appropriate sized punch. The top bar is very tight and makes a reassuring click when it goes back in place. The bottom lug bar, not so much.
    I will see about getting some pictures though.
    I since ordered another 44mm homage thru Military Time. It supposedly is a Ti case with the Unitas movement. It was about $50 cheaper than the one I just received. And yes, it does have screw in bars, according to the picture.

Is there any replacement bars I could possible use for the Getat watch that you guys know of?

Did you get the watch pictured from Getat? If so, there are no tiny set screws on the lugs? Different case perhaps?

18. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

Thats my PVD watch above. Just the sold screws with one lug on each side threaded.

You can replace the screws with spring bars. There are some made with slots on the ends so they look like the factory screws.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-MADE-SPRING-BARS-FIT-24MM-STRAP-FOR-PANERAI-44-/310304838640?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483f9c13f0

19. Red33

Red33 Loaded Pockets

Update: found that the so called set screws depressed and release the bars. Problem solved, so I thought. Pushed on one to take the band off and it flew in several different directions....in the only room with carpet....and I can't find all the parts...even with a magnifier and flashlight. Can you say "parts watch"?
    I'm kinda upset at the moment.....

20. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

Put a magnet in the canister/bag of your vacuum.

You can always go with a set of spring bars

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD