1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Holster recommendation for small pocket pistol

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Irwin J. Finster, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Irwin J. Finster

Irwin J. Finster Loaded Pockets

2. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

3. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

The DeSantis Nemesis is good nylon pocket holster that I have used for a Kel-tec P-11. The DeSantis website doesn't list the Colt 1908 as one of the models for which holsters are available. I guess there's just not much call for that particular firearm. However, there are Nemesis holsters that fit many small pistols such as the Beretta Minx, Jetfire and Tomcat, all of which appear to approximate the size of your Colt. They are available from magnumarms.com for about $20 delivered.

4. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I have an RJ Hedley holster for my Seecamp. It is a perfect pocket holster for me.

5. Irwin J. Finster

Irwin J. Finster Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the infos guys! DeSantis has some nice options, and the Mika Pocket holster looks good too. RJ Hedley holsters is closed as per their website, unfortunately.

6. dovk0802

dovk0802 Loaded Pockets

I'm very happy with my Pocket Holsters.Com. I don't know if he has something that would fit yours or if he takes custom jobs. Couldn't hurt to ask.

7. Jbo

Jbo Empty Pockets

FIST, Inc. makes a good kydex holster for pocket carry. Whenever I carried my Berretta Tomcat that is what I would put it in.

8. Magoo

Magoo Loaded Pockets

I use a IWB from NAA's site to carry my NAA Guardian .380. I also have an ankle holster but never got used to it. The most combfortable carry for me is the IWB (center of the back) or pocket carry for very good concealability. I want to try the smartcarry holster but haven't bought it yet.

9. bquinlan

bquinlan Loaded Pockets

+1 on Mika! I have pocket-carried several handguns over the years and after experimenting with various options they have all ended up in Mika pocket holsters.

--Bob Q

10. DetroitMatt

DetroitMatt Empty Pockets

I've had good luck with the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holsters with my Kel-Tec P3AT, Beretta 21A Bobcat, and my S&W 638. I've also had good luck with the Galco "Cop" model ankle holster. Very comfortable, and a nifty spot to carry, although not the most practical. Especially in a self-defense scenario. I have a few Uncle Mike's Pocket Holsters that are OK, but the DeSantis ones are by far better and worth the extra few dollars.

11. JB in SC

JB in SC Loaded Pockets

Thad Rybka is still making pocket holsters...they are ambidextrous rough or smooth side out. Very nice and he ships pretty fast.

He doesn't have a website, but his new mailing address is:

Thad Rybka
    2050 Canoe Creek Road
    Springville, AL 35146

Put a couple of bucks in the envelope to cover costs of mailing and the brochure. I don't recall if he still makes one for the Pocket Colt or not, but it's certainly worth a try.

12. powernoodle

powernoodle Loaded Pockets

I use Uncle Mike's pocket holsters with a Kahr PM9, S&W 442 and Ruger LCP. Size 1 or 2, depending. Costs $15. Not fancy, but its not bulky and it works.

[img width=640 height=480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/powerpickle/Sept27.07005Medium.jpg[/img]

13. Slomo26

Slomo26 Loaded Pockets

I second the uncle Mike's pocket holster. been carrying my S/W 642 in for over 5 years now. Not fancy but it gets the job done.

14. dsd5150

dsd5150 Loaded Pockets

I recently picked up a Kydex holster for my Kel-Tec P3AT fitted with a Crimson Trace laser. The holster was made by Center of Mass Holsters. This is one of the most comfortable and concealable holsters that I have come across and I have tried many. I will post a few pics by tomorrow if I get a chance.

Here's a link to their site... Great people to deal with!!!
    Center of Mass Holsters

15. plblark

plblark Empty Pockets

I have a couple Mika's and a few by Sideguardholsters.com. He's local to me, a good guy, and his product is functional at a good price.

16. dw51

dw51 Empty Pockets

JB,

Can you tell me an approximate cost for one of the Thad Rybka pocket holsters? I don't want to waste my time and his if they are out of my league.

17. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Empty Pockets

+1 on the Desantis Nemesis pocket holsters.

18. leroy

leroy Empty Pockets

Take a look at Allen Miller's pocket holsters at www.lefthandholster.com. He hand makes them. I have several -- one for a Glock 33; the other for a j frame smith revolver. They are left or right handed. I carry them in both my front and hip pockets. They will not print.

19. elkhills

elkhills Loaded Pockets