1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Holster Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by swany66675, Jan 5, 2014.

1. CDKJudoka

CDKJudoka Loaded Pockets

Pay no attention to the fatty in the mirror. This is a Red Earth Concealment IWB. Minimalist style IWB with a strut and BladeTech IWB softlood carrying a Sig 1911 TacOps Carry w/ threaded barrel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

scbubba, MTFatboy and swany66675 like this.
  2. JoeLiberty

JoeLiberty Loaded Pockets

Maybe this is not the place but I felt the need to share.
    I have the AlienGear CloakTuck 2.0 for my P938 as well. But I want to tell you that mine initially had a pretty serious problem that I had to fix before I felt comfortable using it. The way the backing is cut/gun positioned made it so the edge of the material runs right past the safety lever. I was able to simulate moving around in such a way that the holster catches and manages to flick the safety off...:eek:.
    Not ideal to say the least. I let Aliengear know about it and they immediately sent a new backer. Which did not improve it. I told them this and then they immediately sent out a new shell, which didn't fix it either. I ended up just taking all the hardware off and moving it all over on the backer, which seems to have fixed it. It was a bit of a pain, and it's not that pretty, but it works. And it's comfortable enough to wear all :censored: day (home carry people... do it for the children).

I will also say that after about two months of all day carry, the inner kydex/plastic layer of the backer cracked and it started to sag badly. As I already had a spare thanks to the above debacle, i modded my 2nd backer and was back in business quickly.

What can I say, are these the best holsters ever? No. Def not. But are they cheap and comfortable? Hells yes. And their iron-clad warranty is no joke. Excellent CS all around. Unbeatable for the price. Get one if you're not sure about IWB to test it out. Now that I know IWB is good for me, I might have to upgrade to that stealthgear rig, those look slick.

Before...
    [​IMG]
    After...
    [​IMG]
    And in with the rest of my EDC...
    [​IMG]
    Bubba,
    Does yours have the same issue?

Last edited by JoeLiberty, May 28, 2015
  3. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the info on your Alien Gear. I can't say my holster has the issue or not because I carry a DAO pistol with no external safety. So far, mine has had no issues at all and no noticeable wear and tear on any part. I'm concerned now about the backing breaking. But like you said, the warranty and CS should help calm that concern a bit. For the price, this is definitely worth getting and trying out. I may look into something else if I upgrade my daily CCW at some point. For the CPX-2 though, as long as this holster keeps up, I'll keep using it.

Weej, MTFatboy and swany66675 like this.
  4. JoeLiberty

JoeLiberty Loaded Pockets

Ah Blitzwing had the similar setup, not bubba, my bad. I'm new here. (Hi! Long time reader, first time poster...)
    Blitz... Does your rig have this potential safety issue? (see above) It looks like your 'flap' is pretty close to the safety lever. Is that the P938 or 238 you have in there?

Weej, scbubba, MTFatboy and 1 other person like this.
  5. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

It's the 938 and haven't had an issue with the safety.. Albeit the safety on mine is fairly stiff. Also the neoprene is fairly flexible, I don't think it has the firmness to trip my safety.

The leather version, maybe.. But it'd have to be a loose safety..

Weej, scbubba and MTFatboy like this.
  6. Cr0wb4r

Cr0wb4r Loaded Pockets

I just received an alien gear cloak 2.0 a few days ago. It took a few weeks to arrive, but for $40 including shipping I can't complain. I bought it mostly because I read that it was cheap and comfortable, and it was my first holster. I don't see any foreshadowing issues with the external safety since I am going to be using it with a Glock. It is fairly comfortable, though I have never used a leather/hybrid IWB holster so I can't compare.

Weej, swany66675 and scbubba like this.
  7. notlimah

notlimah Loaded Pockets

Finally got my stealthgear holsters in about a week ago! Loving both of them so far! I ended up going with both the IWB and AIWB because I wasn't sure which I'd prefer, and since SG allows a 'trial' period I figured I'd give them both a shot. I think I'm actually going to end up keeping both as they both seem to work for different situations.

Anyways, to the pics!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I have pics of the back if anyone's interested, just didn't want to flood with too many pics!

Weej, scbubba and swany66675 like this.
  8. mattchef

mattchef Loaded Pockets

I have pics of the back if anyone's interested, just didn't want to flood with too many pics![/quote]

No such thing

Weej likes this.
  9. Matt Shepard

Matt Shepard Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

My 1911 is in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 and the Glock 42 in a Bladetech. Both are super comfortable although I do still love to research new holsters.

Edit:

Found a picture of my Walther PPQ M1 9mm in it's Alien Gear taken from a while back.

[​IMG]

kkay, Weej, swany66675 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Matt Shepard

That top holster has the two black loops coming off it. Is that something you added?

Weej likes this.
  11. NOC
    • In Omnia Paratus

NOC Loaded Pockets

Nice holster! Although, you should really be careful about taking pictures of your.... holster in a public restroom :)

Weej likes this.
  12. NOC
    • In Omnia Paratus

NOC Loaded Pockets

CrossBreed folks are truly great IMO! Another excellent rig, although a Combat cut was chosen this time...

[​IMG]

kkay, Weej, smoakie976 and 2 others like this.
  13. A4VC

A4VC Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weej and swany66675 like this.
  14. Desperado213

Desperado213 Loaded Pockets

Made myself a back pocket double mag holder for my XDS today. I like how it come out, retention is great and is slim.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoneArcher, Weej, smoakie976 and 4 others like this.
  15. Puinsai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Puinsai Loaded Pockets

Slapped on my new blue carbon fiber custom grips that match the blue stitching in my tigershark pocket holster.
    [​IMG]

Weej, smoakie976, Stinson12 and 3 others like this.
  16. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

[​IMG]
    For when I'm playing dress up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Something a little more practical for day to day.

Weej, Puinsai and eng1nerd like this.
  17. Puinsai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Puinsai Loaded Pockets

Bowman1911, there's the PM9. Great pocket holster, well worn. Yeah you carry...

Weej and Bowman1911 like this.
  18. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

Puinsai If I could get away with carryin' at work, I'd carry every single day, but due to state statute, I could only legally have 1 in my glovebox at work, which I won't because it's well known I'm a big 2A proponent on the job & don't wanna chance getting railroaded. So, I can only carry on my days off. Having said that, I carry each & every day I don't have to set foot on work grounds!
    (Long diatribe warning)
    An unarmed man is a victim. Because of my line of work, I'm what folks might call, "in the know." I run into murderers, rapists, & child molesters, almost every time I set foot in public. I know 'em on a first name basis. You'd be surprised to know what kind of folks I've had a conversation with at the gas pump, and how many people they'd murdered. I once ran into a fella in Walmart, I had a good rapport with him, who'd stomped another fella to death in an emergency room simply because of the color of his skin.

Weej, Dorian and swany66675 like this.
  19. Matt Shepard

That's some great looking work!

Weej likes this.
  20. gun papa

gun papa Loaded Pockets

I believe that I finished this hybrid holster today from scratch. My Wife has had some difficulty concealing her gun due to women's clothing. I wore and trained with her Glock 42 in the new holster all day. I found it comfortable and well concealed. The gun rides low in the waistband, due to the configuration of the height of the belt loops which are modular and adjustable. We will see if this one cuts the mustard.
    [​IMG]

Weej, swany66675, mattchef and 2 others like this.