1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Holster for backpack...

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Zatx, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Zatx

Zatx Loaded Pockets

I'm looking for a holster, that isn't necessarily a holster. Basically, I'm looking for a pouch that will hold an S&W Shield and an extra magazine that will get thrown in my backpack. This pouch/bag shouldn't look like a holster because I don't want the casual observer to get freaked out when I open my backpack to take out a book. I've been all over Amazon looking at various options, but it's difficult to get the size right.

I'm hoping some of you guys have already found and used something similar and would have a recommendation.

And before this turns into a heated debate, I'm aware that this is not an ideal method for carrying a personal defense item. This isn't meant to be my primary self-defense strategy in any given situation.

Thank you!

2. Chiles

Chiles Loaded Pockets

What bag? I've got a Blackhawk locking holster that holds my G19 mounted in the MOLLE webbing inside my GR1 while I'm at the station. I barely open the bag so you won't really see into it.

Last edited by Chiles, Apr 13, 2017
    #2 Chiles, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  3. Zatx

Zatx Loaded Pockets

The bag is a GR1, but I won't be attaching it by molle. I want something I can move from bag to bag and that is enclosed. Lots of people see the contents of my bag.

4. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

ArkansasFan30 and AlgoOPC like this.
  5. Chiles

Chiles Loaded Pockets

I'd say something mentioned like that in the above. I kept my g43 in my field pocket for a little bit with a sticky holster. Worked decent.

6. baccar-3

baccar-3 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]packfak by ?, on Flickr

Measures about 5.5x7.5x3.
    On Amazon.

AlgoOPC likes this.
  7. greg.279

greg.279 Empty Pockets

Home Depot sells black nylon zipper pouches in a set of 3, various sizes, that are < $10.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

Macbrun likes this.
  8. Easyrunning

Easyrunning Loaded Pockets

9. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

I really like the Maxpedition holster. It's easy enough to attach velcro inside your bag.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

01bugtruck likes this.
  10. Rintimtin

Rintimtin Loaded Pockets

I use a Maxpedition Skinny Pocket Organizer for this exact purpose. I can fit the shield and two 8rd (9mm) magazines with the flush 7rd magazine in the pistol. All of this while the pistol is still in a simple leather IWB clip holster.

11. onebadwagon

onebadwagon Loaded Pockets

Kifaru Tombstone

12. Powrstroke6.0

Powrstroke6.0 Loaded Pockets

I use a remora holster, and works great. I didn't want to fumble around unzipping another bag in my bag to access my firearm if I ever needed it.[​IMG]

13. Adam Ng

Adam Ng Loaded Pockets

Ipad mini case!

14. Rutha73

Rutha73 Loaded Pockets

I have a small day planner that zips closed, I took all the calendar pegs out and my gun fits in in with space for a magazine. If the gun slides around too much in it, maybe try to sew a cheap holster inside it.

15. mn_five_oh

mn_five_oh Empty Pockets

Just like you said, it's not an ideal carry method but there are those that like carrying that way. I have once and am looking at doing so again for very limited activities/times. I have a universal holster that velcros onto the bags that I carry for that. I suppose anything you choose to use as long as the trigger guard is covered should work. For example, you could use those pouches that aren't designed for carrying a pistol but just make sure the trigger guard is covered with either a universal holster, something like a Vanguard from Raven Concealment, or something similar. Good Luck

Oh, if you've already decided on something, what was it?

16. Durandal64

Durandal64 Loaded Pockets

If storage off body is required I'd recommend one of the Hazard 4 HATCH MOLLE Hard pouches. At 9" x 5" x 3" it should fit a M&P Shield. It may even have enough room to store a spare mag. It is a hard oval/rectangle shape and disguise the shape of the firearm well. I used one for my 442 revolver for awhile when I needed to stash it due to NPEs. Worked great.