1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Hike carry?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by larcher75, Apr 7, 2017.

1. whoppo

whoppo Loaded Pockets

FNX-45 in a Kenai Chest Holster.. very comfy and doesn't interfere with pack straps.

rkazooti likes this.
  2. Pilot

Pilot Empty Pockets

I lived in Colorado for many years, and yes the big cats are around in the mountains, but are pretty shy unless they are sick, or very hungry. They have on occasion attacked humans and pets though. I carry a CZ-75D PCR in a Maxpedition Fatboy which has a pocket specifically for a handgun. The PCR is my EDC no matter where I go, and is a semi compact 9MM with 15 round (flush mag) capacity, and 3.8 inch barrel. It is a great "split the difference" gun, and I feel well armed with it. If I don't carry a pack, which is rare when hiking, I just use my normal Bianchi OWB holster.

Dog boy and larcher75 like this.
  3. DFW_Jose

DFW_Jose Loaded Pockets

Glock 21 when I go hiking. 10mm conversion when I go camping in an area where there might be bigger animals I might have to worry about. Either are carried in an OWB holster.

4. mrsleeve

mrsleeve Loaded Pockets

Depends on when and where, but normally for back country and when the bears are out, S&W 5" .460 loaded with Federal 325gr But We spend a lot of time way out in the woods of NW MT. For more "urban" hiking there is a .380 in my back pocket, or a Sig 220 in a IWB on my hip...

5. Desperado213

Desperado213 Loaded Pockets

I use the Hill People Gear Runners kit bag and it works great and very comfortable.

Rob Babcock likes this.
  6. mn_five_oh

mn_five_oh Empty Pockets

I suppose in a situation I wasn't worrying about concealing, I'd go with a thigh rig because I'm more used to those. They're not supposed to be worn down by the knee or even in the middle of the thigh. They're supposed to be worn just below the waist. Just low enough to clear the gear so hiking is a pretty decent use for them.

I am intrigued by the chest rigs though. I haven't seen them until this thread and I'd like to try them.

7. MicroMike

MicroMike Loaded Pockets

Not sure if it was mentioned, but check you laws first. I think all Federal State parks it is illegal to posses a firearm.

8. quietconundrum
    • In Omnia Paratus

quietconundrum EDC Junkie

chest carry inside a Hill People Gear Recon Kit Bag lashed to an HPG Runner's Harness setup, worn underneath whatever pack I'm hauling.

Rob Babcock likes this.
  9. Kody Page

Kody Page Loaded Pockets

I've been looking at a Tremis series holster from yetitac. It has an extra grommet so you can tie it into a fanny pack.

10. outbackwack

outbackwack Loaded Pockets

I usually opt for pocket carrying my Bodyguard .380 in my shorts in the desert southwest. Backpack doesn't interfere. Bear Grylls Ultimate or BK7 is in the pack.

Outbackwack

Dog boy likes this.
  11. M24shooter

M24shooter Loaded Pockets

12. M24shooter

M24shooter Loaded Pockets

I just picked up a Kit Bag V2 that I'm about to start using.