1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

High-profile 'tactical' cap. Where to get?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by USTF, Feb 18, 2015.

1. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

RE Factor is my current. It's got my formulas printed on the inside so I don't have to write in my hat with a sharpie. Have a tan and a black. They also have a high vis panel sewn into the inside. FlexFit fabric. They replaced my TAG hat the I wore out.

USTF and hal_chase like this.
  2. USTF

USTF Loaded Pockets

Sorry, but they all seem to only hame models with mesh. It may be great to have extra ventilation, no argument there, but I just don't like it.
    Thank you all for your input, though. Some interesting new companies.

3. Cprrckwlf

Cprrckwlf Loaded Pockets

Most of the tac caps I've come across are "unstructured" they done have anything behind the front panels to keep the shape. This means they mold over your skull and high or low profile isn't really a thing, but how far down they pull is a matter of volume. I *think* what you want is a structure design. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. 343KD

343KD Loaded Pockets

Check out the Oakley SI hat. They have a "Mod 1" and a "Mod 2". Hopefully one meets your requirements.
    The Arc'teryx BAC is also very sweet.

USTF likes this.
  5. akvHFS

akvHFS Loaded Pockets

My favorite ballcap is labeled BCM. They threw in a mid-length upper with the deal. [​IMG]

holygoat and USTF like this.
  6. USTF

USTF Loaded Pockets

Yes, I thought as much since the top of my head isn't exactly "flat", but I think I may still do with a cap which comes in different sizes, not fits-alls, and with lengthy structured panels. They're quite rare, though. And, apparently, I'll have to try it on my head before purchasing (unlike all I've owned before), which means - no caps unless and until I'm in the States.

Still, thanks for all the advice. I'll bear all the brands mentioned in mind.

Hell! No surprise it's your favourite (( :