1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

HG's Key Management Brainstorm

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by HappyGilmore, Aug 9, 2018.

1. HappyGilmore

HappyGilmore Loaded Pockets

Hello!

Here are 2 different ways I'm working key management for daily carry. I am working off the idea that the only true EDC REQUIRED items are Keys, Phone, and Wallet. Everything else is an accessory. In that spirit I wanted to make all three items more efficient then they are.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a modified Suspension Multi-tool. I removed a number of components and integrated nearly all of the tools from both sides into one. The pliers were replaced with keys, and also include a flash drive as well (not imaged).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a prototype of key management with a slingshot component. I have some other ways to do the slingshot since these images that would make it even smaller.

Cheers,
    H.G.

Tony Sal likes this.
  2. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

Top one looks like a SAK w/ keys!

3. HappyGilmore

what I really liked about this one was that all the tools lock, something an SAK doesn't do. I just wish the quality of the individual tools were on par with an SAK...unfortunately Gerber doesn't really live up to German standards imo.

Tony Sal likes this.
  4. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

The only cautionary note I'd add is to NOT have keys and tools in a single compact unit like this. Especially not with any blades. There are just enough places in this world where you get stopped with a blade that I forsee all sorts of issues. You don't want to be disassembling anything complicated at any entry gate so as to retain control of your keys when blades are forbidden entry....

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

Tony Sal likes this.
  5. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

So annoyed about the fuss over a little keychain pen blade! Makes me want to bring back the Keychain of Death - but you can't be a wise :censored: in the city, they'll just confiscate it while you try to make a point.....

Moshe ben David likes this.
  6. HappyGilmore

Yea, thats kind of silly. This is why i love my multi purpose 3d prints. Like my fidget spinner slingshot. If they have no idea what it is, what can they do? Also technically this is TSA legal under the new 2” rule. But i really doubt they follow their own rules.

Tony Sal likes this.
  7. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

TSA legal? As far as I know, all blades are still illegal. They had floated the idea of legalizing small blades a ways ago but never made it a reality. Also, if you're traveling with a sling shot be aware of places where slingshots are illegal, like the great state of New Jersey. Good job with the suspension conversion, I'd just be leery about having my keys and tools in the same unit because I'm really good at losing things.

Moshe ben David and Tony Sal like this.
  8. HappyGilmore

You make a fair point. I can't remember where I saw that info. Just checked and it still seams they are a no no for carry on. Frankly I just wish I could carry my Victorinox Spirit X everywhere I go. I feel naked without the :censored: thing.

Moshe ben David and Tony Sal like this.
  9. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

Thanks for the info. I don't travel much but important to those who do.
    (Probably won't help but Join Knife Rights )