1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Hey, Denise, where is the link to the purses?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by scríbhneoir, Apr 13, 2006.

1. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Hi, I'm Karen, a sixth-generation Texan now living in NC.  I was directed to this site by hubby, via bladeforums and Spyderco and candlepower.  I have only recently started visiting forums online as I work all day on the computer (writer) and get tired of looking at the screen. I have met a lot of nice folks on them, though.  Other sites I enjoy are thesession.org and bodojo.com.  This group looks like a particularly dangerous one for me as I love fountain pens.

Answers to questions frequently asked of Texans: Yes, I have a horse, a gray Arab, ride English; no, I never had an oil well in my back yard, but I worked as an oil exploration geologist, so I went onsite to other people's back yards to drill wells; yes, I shoot and particularly enjoy skeet--have never hunted but think I would like to try quail or dove hunting; yes, I wear cowboy boots, black lizard ropers; no, don't wear a cowboy hat, last one I owned blew off in the desert during a field trip too many years ago; and Shiner Bock is my favorite Texas beer.

Favorite EDC items: knife, SS Cricket or Kiwi; light, microphoton and MAG Solitaire; pen, varies every day; cigar, AFuente Petit Corona,  natural or maduro, or Cubanitos; notebook, leather Oberon with horse, natch; and a Feadóg whistle in the key of D.

Yeah, this looks like a very dangerous place, indeed.

2. pipedreams

pipedreams Loaded Pockets

Welcome, Karen!

todd

3. denise

denise Empty Pockets

Hi Karen. The link to the purses.........hhhmmmmmmmmm....I'm sure it's buried around here somewhere ;D

It's great to see there are several women posting. We need to show those guys (especially Jon) that women are interested in more than purses and pink flashlights. I just got back from my first caving club meeting. So, I expect I'll be learning a lot more about geology myself soon. I'm pretty excited about it.

I'll post the purse link as soon as I find it. Just in case you want to post there.

Thanks for joining, glad to have you here!

4. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

Staff Member

Thanks, Todd and Denise. This looks like a fun place.

That is cool about your caving club! I used to live in Albuquerque as a kid, and I visited Carlsbad when the park rangers still led folks through with flashlights.... I think it was far more fun and interesting then than it is now with all the lighting and recorded tour tapes. The last caves I went through were Natural Bridge Caverns in the Hill Country of Texas (we used to take geology students there all the time--"StalacTites hang from the Top, stalagMites grow on the bottoM") and Luray Caverns in Virginia about nine years ago. Always wanted but never had the chance to go inside one of the salt domes in Louisiana.

Do let me know when you find that purse link. I especially like to see others' pics of sparkly, jeweled bling-bling purses...NOT!

And my EDC flashlight is BLUE. (My daughter has a pink Spydie Ladybug, but then, she has a silver-sequined purse. Didn't get that from me....)

5. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

6. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

Staff Member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! ;D

7. denise

denise Empty Pockets

Maybe you can find a purse to match your boots? ^-^ :p

8. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

Staff Member

Ha, ha! Doesn't everything go with black? ;D As if I even worry about it... Actually, I carry a black Dooney & Burke bag made of their all-weather leather. They cost a bunch, but wear like iron, and they are pretty much waterproof. None of this change-my-purse-to-match-my-shoes stuff for me. Now my daughters, on the other hand....

9. denise

denise Empty Pockets

Do you have a pic or link for that bag of yours?

10. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

Staff Member

Here is their Website link to their all-weather collection: http://store.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=18937

I see from browsing their catalog that many of their other styles are QUITE different from what they have done in the past. Lots of pale "I have a case of the vapours" models, too. Lordy, if I showed up on the farm dressed like that...but, I digress. I buy these things at a rate of about one every five years or so, and that is only because I want something different. They tan the leather until the grain is super-tight, and even if they get wet, nothing happens, and I've never had any dye "run" or rub off either. I think the trim and handles are bridle leather. I am hard on them, but I've not worn one out yet. I wore out a Coach in less than a year. And I can't believe I'm discussing purses...should this move to the other forum? :D

Here's a pic of mine. I use the cell phone holder inside for my Spyderco Native.

Attached Files:

11. pipedreams

That's a sweet lookin' bag!

todd

12. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

Staff Member

And when fully loaded, it is a great self defense tool. One swing and... ;D

13. pipedreams

A lady friend of mine has carried D&B purses exclusively since I've known her (12 years). They are top quality bags. As far as I've know, she's never worn one out. She just replaces it with something more current every 2 or 3 years.

todd

Edited to add: This is my 300th post...and it's about purses... :uglystupid2: :lol

t

14. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

Staff Member

Now I don't feel so bad... :lol

I have carried them for 15--can't kill 'em.