1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Here is a tip I use to cutomize bags.

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Bravo 25, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Bravo 25

Bravo 25 Empty Pockets

I had a couple of bags that I wanted to use the space a little more efficiently. I liked the idea of the velcro lined devider in MPB a lot. It allows me customize the use, and to have more things accessable in a deep bag, instead of just having things buried under each other at the bottom of the bag.
    One day as we were throwing out the lid to a large plastic storage tub I got the idea to cut it down to the size panel I needed for a given camera bag. I then went to Walmart, and got a box of adhesive backed velcro. It is heavy duty, has both sides, and comes about 5 feet long. I used the hook side to cover one side of the panel, and the loop side to cover the other side of the panel. Trimmed the excess, and dropped it in the bag. It makes for a very sturdy divider that allows me to customize each bag I have.
    Now I can attach any velcro backed item anywhere in the bag, and it doesn't all get lost at the bottom. Most nylon holster are very easy to sew velcro onto, and nylon webbing is useful formaking many types of holders. Attach velcro to the back, and place it anywhere in the bag you like.

2. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Great idea, Bravo25. I'm gonna try that to carry some "odds & sods" in My Devildog. As my bag is black, outside & in, it can make finding small items difficult, so Im going to try & put a yellow or orange divider in there (perhaps with a glowring as an "internal" light?)

3. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

Pics! Pics! Pics! (please) :knuppel2:

4. Sunnie

Sunnie Loaded Pockets

I'm going to try that idea. It sounds really good. O0

Sunnie

Cambridge and London
    UK

5. Bravo 25

Bravo 25 Empty Pockets

I will be taking some pictures this weekend. I will post them in the pics section. I was going to do this last weekend, but other issues took priority. It will take me a couple of days to get the pictures developed, and scanned. No I haven't hit the digital revolution yet, but there will be plenty.

6. coffeeman

coffeeman Empty Pockets

Great idea, I will keep that in mind for when I finally find the bag I want.

I have been looking for the right sized bag, but none have the inner pockets I want.

Look out stores here I come...

7. KDOG

KDOG Empty Pockets

That is an outstanding idea. I will have to do that to the main pocket on my Fatboy. I also have the Baby Condor as well, and that middle compartment get junk rollin' around in it all the time. Gonna have to clean it up using that idea.

If I may offer a suggestion, you probably will want to round the edges of the the "board" you put in there so it doesn't tear thru the nylon.

8. Bravo 25

Bravo 25 Empty Pockets

I do round them off. The plastic is first cut to exactly fit the bag, or cover then I put on the velcro.

9. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

I made mine out of some semi-pliable plastic used as a document binder. Ive placed two horizontal strips of velcro on it, hook one side, loop the other, & the strips are placed about 1 quarter & 1 half the way down. Ive also punched afew holes in the divider & "criss-crossed" very thin elasticated bungee-cord through to hold NON-velcro covered items, (fixed blade, light, scope, stick of Blackpool rock etc) & a small metal lobster clip at one top corner to hold my keys. Wish Id found some glow-in-the-dark plastic now, THAT woulda made a great divider.

10. wpowell

wpowell Loaded Pockets

I think that the Spec Ops stuff is mostly coming stock with a brightly colored 'insides' this is a GREAT idea.
    The other that I heard...a little photo or some other TINY light as a zipper pull....always there...easy to grab and peek inside too.

-w