1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Here are some recomendations for some trail bags and day packs

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by JonSidneyB, Jul 11, 2010.

1. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Just wanting to get people to look at some packs that don't get attention out here.

Osprey Exos 46

video link of the Osprey

Black Diamond Infinity 50

Outside Magazine Gear of the year award winner

Granite Gear Escape AC 60

For going the distance

Mountain Hardwear Koa 35

A comfortable light weight

Kelty Locus 40

Minimalist pack

Deuter Spectro AC 32

A rough terrain pack you can jog with

Arc-teryx Arrakis 65

A beast of a pack

JanSport Salish

A nice daypack

The North Face TreeHugger

Mountain Hardwear Fluid 10

A Pack for moving fast...trail runners

2. illusion

illusion Loaded Pockets

I have been looking for a good pack for a while now. Going to USA in a few weeks and would like pick up a backpack, tent and som other supplies.. (saving some money buying this in america..) I am not a very experienced backpacker, but learning as I go. Want a pack for 1-2 nights, you got any recomandations Jon?? ( I know you have done some camping over the years..)

I really like this on http://www.rei.com/product/795621, but is this to big/small? Also looking at this tent http://www.rei.com/product/797213

3. 50ft-trad

50ft-trad Loaded Pockets

The Osprey Exos looks quite interesting - but not sure how compatible it would be with British weather somehow

4. Diosces

Diosces Empty Pockets

+1 for the Osprey, tried quite a few bags on the last few days with store weights..Osprey always felt right..

5. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

I've used a Vaude Tofana 28 for a couple of years which is really comfy and easily adjusted.

For anything smaller it's MaxP all the way :)

6. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

I used a Osprey Exos 46 for the last two years- great pack, carries well and is pretty light considering it's fully framed- lots of nice little features as well- like the small elastic pocket on the shoulder strap (nice size for a small gps)- the hip belt has two roomy mesh pockets- nice for camera, sunscreen, bug dope, snacks- stuff you want to access quickly, the trekking pole holder really works well when your not using your poles, the side mesh pockets are roomy- easily holding 1 liter bottles and then some

the frame does a good job of transferring weight, it is also probably the coolest (cool as in not sweating in the back) pack you'll use

the capacity of the 46 seems to be well beyond a lot of other packs in that range- I've used mine for trips up to 8 days (that's packing on the minimal side of the scale, but not totally spartan either)

the one down side of the pack is they are sized by torso length (S,M,L) and the hip belt is "appropriately" sized- if your waist doesn't conform to what they think the size should be your out of luck as the waist belts are fixed and can't be changed- definitely a pack you want to try out first before hitting the buy button- I-it worked for me and was a perfect fit, my wife had to look at another pack