1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Help with Key Fob!

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by steviesterno, May 30, 2018.

1. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

I finally upgraded to an adult car, and this one has a fancy :censored: (mandatory) key fob. It's about 2.5" long, 2" wide, and 5/8" thick. I also carry 1 house key and 1 work key, an Olight 3E eos, and another little weird electronic key for school.

My question is how do you wrangle this stuff in your pocket? I'm trying to keep everything in the front right, but that's where my Hitch and Timber wallet thing lives, along with space pen and boker pry bar.

I want to be minimalist in my pocket crap and still have almost everything I need. what have you all done to contain clutter and save space now that fobs are mandatory?

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I keep my car key/fob/and a NiteCore Tube lite on a NiteIze slidelok S-biner; this either dangles from a belt loop OR is in the ignition OR is in a jacket pocket if I'm wearing a jacket. House key, a few keychain tools are on a 'Pickpocket Ti dangler' in my pocket. Most days I'm wearing jeans and pocket loads are distributed between right and left front pockets. I'm mostly in suburbia with zero crowds, so often my wallet is in LB pocket if not in jacket as stated before; bandana in RB pocket.

Works for me. What is in my jean pockets all lies flat. Maybe my pockets are bigger -- I'm not exactly as small guy ;)

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

3. Mrbushhog

Mrbushhog Empty Pockets

I just use the "valet" key it's just the key, Subaru , can not stand "keys with buttons"

steviesterno likes this.
  4. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

I used to do that, but this is a fancy Lexus, the key is remote start and it's a keyless start thingy.

5. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

I tend to right front pocket carry everything but a cell phone as well.

I keep a wallet with a pen clipped inside, knife, remote/fob (similar in size, viper 2way alarm), keys and earplugs/pills in a container.

I found making my keys and pillfob/earplug holder dangle into my pocket makes things much less bulky/crowded. I keep them clipped to a belt loop with a keychain I made. When wearing jeans I keep the remote/fob in the small 5th pocket. Otherwise it drops to the bottom with my wallet. Sometimes the keys dangle in the back pocket, usually when wearing shorts which have 'vertical' opening pockets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

garza, Moshe ben David and Nick4305 like this.
  6. speedy

speedy Loaded Pockets

7. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

What size and where did you get that shackle? I had looked at those previously for a few different purposes, but usually those I’ve found were larger than what that one looks like.

8. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

I got it off ebay. It's a 35mm (1 3/8") stainless snap shackle. Only a couple bucks shipped IIRC. I searched for a "stainless snap shackle" iirc.

There are several marine companies that make a higher quality one designed to take heavy loads. Winchard is probably the nicest, Ronstan does as well. I may pick up a Winchard one in the future now that I know I like using it.

I bookmarked this site when I was looking around at options:
    https://www.defender.com/category.jsp?path=-1%7C2259973%7C2260013&id=2260026

Andrew

SOS24 likes this.
  9. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

ummm. I know I've seen some shackles at Home Depot. Probably not quite as nice but you can see them in person. That assumes of course you have a Home Depot or Lowes or .... close by!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David