1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Help with a specific keychain

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by swedishelite22, Dec 5, 2018.

1. swedishelite22

swedishelite22 Loaded Pockets

In that blurred area between fidget toy and calming stone my daughter tends to gravitate to small, soft, objects.

The keychain below has become a staple for her to hold in her hand pretty much non-stop. Her teacher has recognized she does not use it as a toy but more so as a calming, stabilizing, focusing aid.

The problem... nobody knows where it really came from or what it is. She found it at my in-laws house and it was originally a keychain (there is a hole through the side of the head for a ring/chain to pass through).

Searches, and even Google lens turn up nothing. I am hoping someone here may recognize it or know something similar so we can have some back ups on hand.

For reference, it is 1.5-2" tall.

[​IMG]

2. kottskrapa

kottskrapa Loaded Pockets

Looks like something from a touristshop somewhere.. I have my grandpa's hughe collection of keychains.. I will have a look tomorrow to see what I can find

It's not failure if you learn something from it

swedishelite22 likes this.
  3. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

It is cool that she has found something that helps her and the teacher recognizes it.

I don’t know where to get one but the bottom half reminds me of the hair on troll dolls and the top is similar shape to a lobster buoy. If you can’t find one maybe you could make.

4. swedishelite22

swedishelite22 Loaded Pockets

Yes, we are very pleased at the conference that her teacher recognised the benefit. She actually referred to it being "a tool not a toy" which was good to hear.

5. kottskrapa

kottskrapa Loaded Pockets

I took a good look in the box but with no luck I hope you will find something similar in the future

It's not failure if you learn something from it

swedishelite22 likes this.