1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

[HELP] Paracord bottle/umbrella holder for R12

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by InvertedBob, Jun 4, 2016.

1. InvertedBob

InvertedBob Loaded Pockets

Hey guys,
    A few months ago I bought myself a Rush 12, at your recommendation and after carrying it everyday I noticed the one thing that was lacking: A proper place for my water bottle or my wet umbrella. Up until now, I have resorted to keeping my water bottle inside my backpack, in a zip-lock plastic bag, but that makes it really cumbersome to take a sip when I need one and I also don't trust that zip-lock bag to keep my books dry everyday.

I have also bought a bunch of black paracord and I was wondering if I could make my own bottle/umbrella holder for the R12. I've found a bunch of tutorials for those wrap bottle holders, but I can't seem to find a clever way to attach the bottle holder to the side moll-e of the backpack, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Bob

2. tattoosteve99
    • In Omnia Paratus

tattoosteve99 EDC Junkie!!!

Stormdrane has several tutorials on making them. Attaching them should not be a problem. Maybe you could "weave" it to the bag as you make it. Also some double sided Velcro would work.

pacrawshaw likes this.
  3. Mikeyk94

Mikeyk94 Loaded Pockets

Check out mil-spec monkey bottle corset

4. Fire Fighter

Fire Fighter Loaded Pockets

Hope this can help out someone. Rush 12 with elastic cord on side to hold wet umbrella. The umbrella is a Kathmandu Smart Umbrella which has an offset handle. As for water bottle, I carry it inside my bag.
    [​IMG]

5. NosHusky

NosHusky Loaded Pockets

Heres two wraps that ive done, ive done quite a few but these are the actual bottles meant specifically for attaching it to something. both with seperate attachment points, the left which is my EDC bottle and the right which I did out of boredom. The left one is fixed while the right is removable and the sack can be used as storage for other items as needed. I suggest you take the idea from the right and instead of doing the same cinching method I took, make a removable clasp that you can attach with a buckle so you can run it up through the molle straps. You can use a" cobra" stitch or for a better fit a "king cobra" stitch. This gives you a nice little bottle handle as well as a way to attach it to your gear without wiggling around.
    [​IMG]

Adam Ng, Mikeyk94, trfkcop and 3 others like this.
  6. weylan

weylan Loaded Pockets

Do have a link or more no on the weave you did on the right? I have a bottle that is begging for a way to hold it without having a pouch.

I have a mill specmonkey corset on my EDC carry bag, but on my hiking bag for day hiking I don't have pouch for water bottle. The day pack has a bladder. But I put soda and ice in 40 oz klean canteen. For a pick me up with lunch.

From Weylan

7. NosHusky

NosHusky Loaded Pockets

Honestly I saw a picture on line and figured it out. Its a fairly easy setup to figure out. Check out stormdranes blog he probably has something much nicer with a very nice tutorial. Mine is very dirty and simple I am happy with it but its not useful what so ever as far as survival goes.
    http://stormdrane.blogspot.com/2008/07/water-bottle-net_5927.html
    I think this is pretty :censored: close, I didnt use the ring however I used the knot to the bottom making it smaller and smaller then using the excess to bend over and tuck away through some knots to flatten the bottom. My bottle on the left wont stand on its bottom if its empty which is annoying as hell as I slowly finish the bottle.

8. NosHusky

NosHusky Loaded Pockets

This one is perfect.

weylan likes this.
  9. weylan

weylan Loaded Pockets

I love it! But wow is that a lot of paracord used I bet!

From Weylan

10. NosHusky

NosHusky Loaded Pockets

4"x10" Id estimate 114ft if you do a 4"x8" you can get away with 95ft and its a quick release so you are carrying an effective 95 foot of cordage that you can pull at one end to release the knot entirely without having to unweave it.
    (the estimate is based around the idea of cylinder size using math to get the area)