1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Help me find a small thin wall clock for travel

Discussion in 'Watches' started by onebadwagon, Nov 7, 2017.

1. onebadwagon

onebadwagon Loaded Pockets

I'm looking for a small thin battery powered wall clock that I can travel with. Really looking for a display with basic 4 digit time only. Something with a constant backlight would be preferable.

Desired form factor is thin. Less than 2" thick. I'm almost thinking about a small tablet, but that'd be a waste. it just needs to be able to travel well.
    The folks on this forum tend to have great input, so what do you guys use for a clock with good visibility that doesn't take up a lot of real estate?

The main thing is decent battery life and a concise / legible display. Something along these lines:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Do you have a smart phone? Plenty of clock apps, one of which probably has the display type that you want. I use Timely.

3. onebadwagon

Looking for something I leave in place all day, not specifically during sleep hours, larger display preferable.

4. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

My phone sits in a stand on my desk at work when I'm not out an about. It sits in another stand on my bedside table when I'm in bed. Timely has a pretty good-sized display? :shrug:

5. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Ever considered one of those protection clocks? No need to hunt for a nice spot to hang it, just put it down on a side table and aim wherever. Not too visible during bright days but plenty light to keep you awake at night and the displayed time is way larger than the device you have to lug around.

6. onebadwagon

Now that is something that I had not considered. Any model recommendations?

7. Westerdutch

No specific model sorry. My father in law has one he uses for hotels but i have no clue what brand or model. The market seems flooded with em so you might have to be careful that you don't end up with a crappy one. Not sure if any of the big brands make one tho, it's a bit of a gadget.

8. Westerdutch

Oh a quick Google and i found out sony makes one. Model ICFC1PJ. No clue if it's any good tho but it's probably a lot better than you average China gadget.

9. nolaradio

nolaradio Loaded Pockets

Last edited by nolaradio, Dec 31, 2018
    #9 nolaradio, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018