1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Help me find a light

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Ippon, Dec 13, 2016.

1. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

I'd go with the Fenix LD02. Excellent build quality and a tail switch is just better than a twisty for me.

2. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

They changed the design of the HL10 in 2016, so the newer one looks like this -

[​IMG]

Its a nice lightweight, versatile headlamp I just got one. Small enough to carry the whole thing if needed or you can remove the light and affix it to your keys or pocket carry it.

It's rated at 70 lumens on high, but the tests I've seen all measure close to 100 lumens. Total runtime is about an hour on 1 AAA, after stepping down to medium mode after about 45 minutes, although using an Eneloop Pro seems to push you a bit further. The 4 lumen low mode will get much more time though.

Has a diffuser for spot or flood, but not a huge difference unless you are using it for close up tasks.

I like mine so far, makes for a good emergency lamp.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  3. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

I've got a couple of thrunite t10. Solid, small for a rear click AA. That said a recently purchased olight s1a is only a bit bigger (still AA) has a good clip that will go on a cap and is a lot brighter. It's more money than the thrunite (I got the s1a on offer) but they're both good choices.

4. Weko

Weko Loaded Pockets

I've been playing with a Jetbeam Mini-1. Rechargeable, @1-1/2" long, twisty, @$40-45, available in aluminum, stainless steel, copper and titanium. 9 lumen low, 130 lumen high. Comes with a chain. Only issue so far (stainless version) does require two hands to turn on as the head is fairly tight. I like that the battery is replaceable