1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Help me decide on a tritium watch

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Evil D, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Nice watch. I really like that whole line.

Winding - I think you'll find that the power reserve will keep it going through the night. If not, it shouldn't hurt to give the stem a few turns to get it moving, then a few more to keep it going. Then, strap it on and go about your business.

I have a number of auto winders and I'm bound to a desk virtually all day. Even my sedentary habits will keep them wound.

And you shouldn't have any trouble with over winding - automatic movements have clutches that prevent damage from over winding. Not sure about the Hamiltons, but a glance at the manual should cleat that up.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yeah I haven't had any problems with it at all. It runs a little on the fast side but it's still less than a minute fast after 2 months of wearing it (meaning it still reads exactly to the minute with my GWS, it's just 30ish seconds fast). It has been an awesome watch so far. I replaced the band with a Maratac Mil Series Nato and I forget I'm wearing it, it's a good bit lighter than my GWS even being a 42mm vs the GWS's 40. I guess that's where the titanium vs stainless comes into play. Probably most impressive to me is how the sapphire has resisted scratching (hopefully I don't jinx myself here) but I expected that since it has a slightly domed surface that it would scratch, but after 2 months of wear I have some light wear marks in the black coating but nothing on the sapphire. It seems like a really tough watch so far.

2. Beneficial

Beneficial Loaded Pockets

The only tritium watch worth buying is Ball.

3. COfastwrx

COfastwrx Loaded Pockets

Deep Blue and Armourlite

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nick4305 likes this.
  4. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

I've got to agree, Deep Blue. I have that exact DB, too bad it is too big for my wrist.

Anyway, the OP post was dated August 2015. Just sayin'...

5. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Also I am pretty sure these are not sold anymore?
    I have tried to snag one too.

6. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

The DayNight 32 are no longer sold, but check out the DB T100 divers which can be found for around $230 great bang for the buck; T100 trit, sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel, quality rubber strap. Keep an eye on watchrecon or FeeBay. Good luck.

sent from your mamma's house

7. COfastwrx

COfastwrx Loaded Pockets

Yeah I searched and figured this was the most recent trit watch thread. I have been extremely impressed with my DP, it keeps perfect time and its built like a tank. I'm itching for another one

8. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

How did you get such terrific lume pics? Mine always turn out terribly.

COfastwrx likes this.
  9. COfastwrx

COfastwrx Loaded Pockets

I like using low light + low aperture f stop + longer exposure times on a tripod. Here is a non-trit shot that shows the long exposure with the second hand.

[​IMG]

10. Civilian

Civilian Loaded Pockets

11. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

The Tris on my 2 Marathons have been pretty underwhelming really.
    If they have the T100 trit available I sure wish they had used them on mine?

Most of the T25 Trit look exactly the same to me.

12. Dingle1911

Dingle1911 Loaded Pockets

When I first wanted a quality watch I thought that I needed a watch with tritium illumination. I ended up getting a watch with luminova which I have found stays illuminated through the night. If I wake up at 0300 and check my wrist I can read the time.

I have since purchased a Reactor Atom Never Dark which has lume paint on the numerals and tritium tubes. At 0300 the tritium is slightly brighter than luminova, but both can be read. I recommend checking out the Reactor Never Dark line, they have both quartz and automatic.

13. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Trit is never tough to see when dark adapted so in the middle of the night it is perfect for me!
    Trit is tough when I am not adapted and then it is just dim compared to Luminova.

I have never seen any Luminova that lasts all night,not once.
    Trit stays the way it is bit lasts 30 years or so exactly the same in my experience.