1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Help me choose my EDC subcompact Glock!

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Irwin J. Finster, May 7, 2009.

1. Ghillieman7

Ghillieman7 Empty Pockets

I have carried a model 36 for years and I have to say I love it. Yes, it can be a hand full, and only holds seven rounds. However, next to a full size 1911, It's my favorite. To me, high capacity is a bit over-rated.

2. Dirty Bob

Dirty Bob Loaded Pockets

In the subcompact Glocks, I've gotta add my vote for the G26. The 9mm was the cartridge that the Glock was originally designed for, and I've heard of fewer complaints/problems with 9mm Glocks than with the other cartridges. The G26 is easier to shoot (for me, at least) than some of the other subcompacts. Additionally, the G26 can use G17 or G19 mags. The other subcompacts are good, but IMHO the G26 is the best of the breed.

All my best,
    Dirty Bob

3. Dbolt

Dbolt Loaded Pockets

.45 ACP, poking big holes for well over a century. Accept No Substitutes.

4. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

9mm + mozambique drills ftw

5. Neo9710

Neo9710 Loaded Pockets

At first, I cannot say that I liked the Glocks. But I have had my 26 for 10 years and I absolutely love it. I also have a glock 17. BUT, if I were to buy another one, I would go get the .40 cal sub-compact (not sure what the model number is) as a concealed weapon. The physical size of the pistol between the 9 and 40 is nothing and I believe they fit in the same holsters. Its painfully simple to use and to keep clean. It is a dry gun so you dont have to worry about having it lubricated. I carry my Glock 26 every day and I canhide that thing anywhere. I had tried so many different holsters also.

Get the Glock. You will not be disappointed. AND- PRACTICE!! It will do you ABSOLUTELY no good having it if you dont know how to use it and know what to expect. Also, read your state/county laws! So, in case you do use it, you know what to say and what NOT to say..

6. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

9mm: Beretta 92, HK P7M8, HK USP, Glock 19 (1st gen), Glock 26 (3rd gen), Glock 19 (3rd gen). 40 S&W: Sig P239, Star (Echevarria something or other all SS, HEAVY), Walther P99. 45ACP: Sig P220, Para Ordnance P13 and P14, Kimber CDP full size, Glock 21. Plus assorted 22 semi autos (Buckmark, Rugers and the newest Walthers) and a half dozen revolvers. All the pistols except Glocks have now fallen by the wayside. All I have now are the Glocks. 26, 19 and 21. Other than getting the shooting angle/grip and presentation from holster right initially, Glocks have become my favorite EDC. The 26 on me at all times with 15rd reload. 19 in BOB with 2 17rd reloads. The 21 with Surefire X400 for home def. under pillow in holster to cover trigger. YMMV but I actually LIKE the Glock trigger. And after many years of shooting and collecting, my pistols have gone from toys to TOOLS. Like a hammer or screwdriver, these tools are to be used, not babied. Many fine choices out there. This is just my two cents.

7. mattrix

mattrix Empty Pockets

8. jcw122

jcw122 Loaded Pockets

Even better would be having the time to change those barrels.

9. tradja

tradja Loaded Pockets

Yeah, all 20 seconds required. ???

10. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

i don't know about 20 seconds, but it's not a huge inconvenience for the purpose of changing things up. i don't think irwin is talking about changing on the fly, or anything

but yah, glocks are super easy to field strip, and (if it is what I think it is) then changing it out wouldn't be difficult
    actually, with a bit of practice, and if I haven't recently bit off my fingernails, it might be doable in under 20 seconds...

11. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

lol, Jehan!

after a bit of practice I have now gotten comfortable changing the Glock23 slide and barrell assembly ...
    ...for the .22cal Advantage Arms slide and barrell assembly really fast.

never timed myself, but its really quick - figure changing out barrells would be too ...and yep, does include some sort of fingernail/pad! :rolleyes: :evilgrin:

12. jcw122

jcw122 Loaded Pockets

Has anyone realized this thread is from May 2009?

13. tradja

tradja Loaded Pockets

Sure, but the only large gap is September 2009. It's been pretty steady conversation throughout. It's not like it sat dormant for a year +.

14. compy222

compy222 Loaded Pockets

I edc a glock 33. love it to death, have about 400 rounds through it so far. i can shoot it very well. nice thing about the 27/33 is that the barrel is a drop in swap. only the barrel changes - the mags are the same from .40 to .357 sig as the casings are the same size.

good luck any sub compact glock 26/27/33 is a great choice. it will have a ton of upgrade and holster options.