1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Help me BUY something!!

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by DCBman, Apr 14, 2017.

1. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Hey, we actually get to pick something out to BUY! YAY!!! Everybody loves to tell other people what to go out and buy, am I right? Well, here's the perfect chance!

I am looking for a decent leather business card holder/wallet. I would like it to hold 15+/- business cards (no credit cards, ID cards or anything else...just business cards). I would like it to be real, genuine leather, like the kind from a cow...the real stuff, the stuff that started out eating grass, then got served as a steak dinner and then turned into gloves, leather coat and a business card holder (hopefully this is clear enough). Apparently, on the interwebz, you can not explain the definition of real leather well enough to convince people real leather is NOT made in a chemical plant by 3rd world slaves who eat toxic synthetic chiken for lunch. I guess it's easy to confuse "REAL leather" to mean things like "PU leather", "pleather" or "genuine (synthetic) leather. I guess "real leather" translates into Chinese as "toxic weapons grade waste" (which couldn't make the cut in a munitions factory). This is a common misunderstanding on Amazon. Funny that.

Anyway, I'm looking for a leather business card wallet. (Note: did I mention I'm looking for real leather???)

I don't think a "real" leather business card wallet / holder should cost more than about $20 (really more like $15), so this is kind of my budget range. It doesn't have to be fancy, it doesn't have to be able to do my taxes or figure out what's bothering my wife (today). It just has to hold a few business cards...oh, and it needs to be 'real' leather (in case that wasn't clear).

Any and all suggestions (outside those recommending toxic waste and/or Unobtanium metal products) are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@DCBman: LMAO reading your post.

At your price point, I guess I'd be looking on Etsy.

Depending on the status (in terms of retail shops still surviving) in your neck of the woods, check out a mall and see if there's anything like a Wilson Leather Goods shop; various luggage stores. Big box office supply places (Staples for example) usually have business card cases at reasonable prices.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

3. Mark_Trail

Mark_Trail Loaded Pockets

Spiffing post! I guess Moshe already covered your bases regarding options available

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk

Moshe ben David likes this.
  4. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

DAVPHINS and SOS24 like this.
  5. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

+1 for Saddleback. The make really nice leather wallets. I haven't tried their business card sleeve or wallet, but their front pocket ID card wallet is outstanding.

DAVPHINS likes this.
  6. DAVPHINS

DAVPHINS Empty Pockets

SADDLEBACK leather makes a great one and it is not expensive at $39, plus they guarantee their products. I own several items from them, including the business card wallet

7. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I actually have a leather Dockers wallet that I'm very enthusiastic about.

8. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Iirc we have a member here that makes stuff that looks the part. Haven't handled any of his stuff personally but the pics look really nice. Can't find a link right now, I'm on mobile... Will fix when on PC.

Edit; found him
    https://www.edcforums.com/forums/andrews-design-llc.206/
    He's also on etsy i think

Last edited by Westerdutch, May 12, 2017
    #9 Westerdutch, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017