1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Help me buy my next EDC flashlight

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Prison Mike, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Prison Mike

Prison Mike Loaded Pockets

Looking for a new EDC flashlight. Here are the parameters:

-Must fit in my pocket
    -Must use either AA or CR123
    -Must have pocket clip
    -Must have manual switch, doesn't matter if it is on the tailcap or the side, but no twist interface
    -Must be murdered out

Think Foursevens Mini with pocket clip and manual switch. Of course the brighter the better. Thanking you in advance for enabling my unhealthy addictions.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  2. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

Check any Eagletac light. They are manufactured for use by both AA or CR123 batteries.

Lots of option there. And what I like about the Eagletac is that the pocket clip is screwed on, so very little chance of it falling off.

Comes in Ti also.

Cheers,
    FACE

ManVsLawn and T.H.Cone like this.
  3. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

L3 illumination L10C. $34 with the 219 emitter.

4. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

Prison Mike!?! Seems like I haven't seen you around in ages. Something "murdered out" made me think of the same company our friend FACE suggested. Like FACE, the fact that they secure their clips the way Foursevens does earns them bonus points.

You might also want to consider something really gnarly like a LEGOed Foursevens AA body, Burst head, and tail cap in either the Pro or Tactical formats. Of course, you'd have to upgrade to a 14500 cell, but I think you'd be wowed with the result. &*) lumens in a package the size of your middle finger.

[​IMG]

5. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Malkoff MDC Murdered out,if I know what that even means?

6. T.H.Cone

It means "all black".

ManVsLawn likes this.
  7. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Then my suggestion stands!

murrydan, ManVsLawn and T.H.Cone like this.
  8. Prison Mike

Yeah. I went away for a stretch. I maintain my innocence. This is definitely what I'm looking for though. Imma check it out.

9. T.H.Cone

I see what you did, that's funny.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  10. Prison Mike

Just went to their site...looks like they are out of everything. Quark Tactical QTL looks promising though. That's the size I'm looking for. I'd like to keep it to a single AA or CR 123 and this looks like it will fit the bill.

ManVsLawn and T.H.Cone like this.
  11. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Spray paint a zebralight sc52?

murrydan and ManVsLawn like this.
  12. T.H.Cone

Ya, I heard that.

You have to buy it in pieces anyway from the "accessories". You'd need a Quark A body, a burst head (either in Pro or Tactical), your preferred tail cap (also either in Pro or Tactical), and a deep carry clip if you don't like the standard one. Looks like everything is there except the Tactical burst head, so you could definitely build the Pro version of this light.

You'd also need need a 14500 LI cell. I'm using AWs. Most of the other protected ones are too long. If you go unprotected, most should fit. IMRs will mostly fit too.

ManVsLawn and reppans like this.
  13. coolerking

coolerking Loaded Pockets

Not muredered out as such, but it has a pocket clip, compact and fits in a pocket, takes cr123 batteries but they now do a rechargeable version of it and it is 400 lumens...the olight s10 baton.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  14. Rverdi

Rverdi Loaded Pockets

I hope not to sound like a broken record, but... Surefire EB1, all black, simple UI, hugely durable, great CS, AND MADE IN THE USA.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  15. Prison Mike

If they came in black I'd already have one.

twoisone likes this.
  16. Prison Mike

I would say the Olight fits the bill. The magnet is a nice touch too. I wouldn't have thought about that. 400 lumens is also nice. I found a bundle on Amazon that includes rechargeable batteries for $50. I think I'll have to pull the trigger on that...have you had any problems with the magnet affecting your phone or credit cards?

coolerking likes this.
  17. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

I like the 2 that I carry;

Fenix PD22, they now have an Ultimate Edition for mo powah. I really like the 2 button UI, momentary on and memory. I EDC'd clipped in pocket (jeans and cargo shorts) for 9 months or so and never had an issue with the clip coming loose.

Sunwayman V11R, slightly shorter than the PD22 and has a AA extension tube option for addded versatility. EDC'ing for 4 months or so clipped in pocket with no clip issues. The infinite brightness control ring is handy but i find it slides to high in pocket.

Using a Harries hold on the light the control ring on the V11Rvn is more difficult to work than the side button on the PD22 for me.

i looked into the Olight S10 but was concerned about accidental activation clipped in pocket.

Tallboyjim likes this.
  18. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

I've got an S10 and that does happen. However a tip I got from this very forum (apologies to the person who told me - I'll search back to name check them) was to unscrew the base a fraction. It doesn't need much and it doesn't feel loose - mine doesn't anyway. That tip moved it from the "wish I coud use that more" to the "go-to work flashlight". There's not much it can't do.

19. T.H.Cone

^ I don't know. To me, once you have to start doing flashlight voodoo just to stop a light from turning on unintentionally, it's time to look else where. Murphy's law says that that's not a great plan. It's analogous to CCWing with an unloaded sidearm because it sometimes goes off unintentionally.

FACE and keith1234 like this.
  20. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

Fair comment. When I use it, it's because I can clip it on a cap - it's more of a planned use rather than as "quick I need some light" sort of use - I have another light for that. If you are planning on using it in the latter sort of circumstances, then I agree it might not work for you.

Is the side switch turning on peculiar to the S10 or are all side switch torches prone to it?

T.H.Cone likes this.