1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Help finding pants for work

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by lessershoe, Aug 18, 2017.

1. lessershoe

lessershoe Loaded Pockets

Work now wants me to dress a bit more formal. Looking for decent chinos/khakis that can hold my EDC.

Not cargo pants or anything obviously tactical (magazine pockets).

Sub $150 per pair.

Need to stand up to abuse (industrial/facilities inspections)

EDC is Knife (Benchmade 940 sized), Nexus 5x, normal sized iPhone, Keybar with keychain flashlight and small multi tool and pen

Any suggestions would be great.

2. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

The Mountain Khakis pants are pretty tough and have an extra front pocket.

lessershoe likes this.
  3. JordanJamesPerkins

JordanJamesPerkins Loaded Pockets

Go to Walmart and Wrangler has a tan pair of chinos I wear and I believe Lee Jeans has a darker pair of chinos that look great. I work in a funeral home and these are what I wear 90% of the time since we have to look professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. intocoman

intocoman Loaded Pockets

Kuhl makes several pants that would work as well. They offer a variety of materials and cuts and pockets. They are about as dressy as my office gets.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

lessershoe likes this.
  5. tdb

tdb Loaded Pockets

I suggest taking a look at Bluffworks Original or Chinos. I have a pair of the Originals in charcoal and while I have not traveled with them or worn them extensively every time I do wear them I wish I wore them more!
    They are designed to be dressed up for business casual/a night on the town or dressed down for hiking or other similar activities. Several extra built in pockets that are low profile and pretty light/tough material.
    Added bonus of being made in the USA!

lessershoe likes this.
  6. cbbr

cbbr Loaded Pockets

That's what I wear at work. They have several types that look like regular khakis (no loops/cargo pockets) and the extra front helps conceal all of my junk.

lessershoe likes this.
  7. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

I'm a dickies man myself but they don't do anything that fits the bill, but snickers do some cargo-pocket-free chinos/trousers. They might be a tad overpriced (in my opinion) but they'll be quality.

8. outbackwack

outbackwack Loaded Pockets

I've been wearing Propper for years that I get from Amazon. Very fashionable, comfortable, tactical in nature but subdued, water resistant and quite affordable.

Outbackwack

9. aasoverteakettle

aasoverteakettle Loaded Pockets

Carhart has a few styles that might suit your needs. We have a local place that carries a wide selection, discovered them a few years back. I have a dark brown and lighter gray pair that are great. No extra pockets or hammer loops. I just checked the website, the closest thing I can find to what I have is the rigby pant. But mine does not have that 5th pocket. "Relaxed fit" is better for my type of work, similar to yours it sounds like.

I do not own a pair, but ive heard good things about kuhl. Duluth trading pants are definitely on my Christmas list this year, along with a few other things in their catalog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lessershoe likes this.
  10. Municipal_Jedi

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

+2 for Mountain Khakis I have both the Original and the Teton Twill and they have held up wonderfully. The Original are more robust but can easily be worn in an office.

lessershoe likes this.
  11. lessershoe

Mountain Khaki and Kuhl look to be on my short list.

Thanks for the input

12. cbbr

cbbr Loaded Pockets

Yep, but the Teton Twill are easier to iron. I have several of each - The original are my favorites, but I have a bunch of the TT because they are "dressier".

13. Municipal_Jedi

I completely agree. I tend to wear the TT to the office and the original are for other activities. The TT also age better in that they don't start to look as used as the originals.

Since the OP indicated he works in an industrial environment I thought the material difference might be important.

Also, check Amazon and Zappos as you can often find them at well less than MSRP.

cbbr and lessershoe like this.
  14. lessershoe

Anyone try the TAD intercept khakis?

The pictures are a little dim and there is very little word on them.

15. Municipal_Jedi

I have a pair of the TAD Spartans, there is nothing wrong with them but I don't like them. Well made, nice material but they are a bit off on the fit for my tastes. I like my pants a bit more on the roomy side in the crotch/grundle area and TAD doesn't role that way. They have a diamond gusset but it doesn't provide the breathing room I prefer. YMMV

16. McNasty

McNasty Loaded Pockets

17. Scribble

Scribble Loaded Pockets

I recommend getting dickies from Walmart. They have a right hand side pocket near the knee and the knees are double thickness so they hold up. I have 3 jobs and sometimes wear the same pair to all 3 in the same day, service adviser at dealership, tow truck operator(we never get dirty!!!), and volunteer firefighter. I am still on the same 8 pairs I purchased 2 years ago vs the dockers I used to wear strictly to the dealership that I destroyed the knees in about 3 months time.

18. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

I have a couple pair of 5.11 covert khakis. I like them. Then seem to be on the more affordable side of the "tactical" khakis.

19. James A. Cathcart

James A. Cathcart Loaded Pockets

I work in an office and wear 5.11 Fast-Tac pants. They are light-weight and comfortable for me, plus I love the 5th phone pocket on the right leg, mid-thigh. They "swish" a bit, but not too much, especially since I am sitting most of the time.

20. this_is_nascar

this_is_nascar Loaded Pockets

Aren't Dickies the pants that are real hard and coarse as it relates to the material used?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk