1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Help finding Gym / Get Home Bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ScottH, Sep 9, 2013.

1. ScottH

ScottH BST/Marketplace ban

I have been looking for a low-key looking gym bag that also serves as a get home bag. I live approximately 1 mile away from my gym so I won't need to carry a ton of GHB merch. However I will need/want the space to carry a full change of clothes including shoes and personal hygene stuff. And I'd like to have a little extra left over room in case I wanna add something in my bag later down the road.

One bag that really caught my eye was the Kelty Redwing 50. It looks like it offers a ample amount of space and certainly fits the low-key build. I just don't have much experience with Kelty or a good knowledgeable understanding of what materials make a great durable bag.

Right now my budget is about $150 dollars. Please feel free to suggest other bags that you feel may work for me and give me your opinion on the Kelty Redwing 50.

Thank you

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  2. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

3. Schuey2002

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

How about a gym-type duffel bag? Or would you rather have a backpack?

A few gym bag options include:

Emdom's TNT GYM Bag,
    GoRuck 20L/38L Gym bag,
    Original SOE Large Tool Bag and their Clothes Bag,
    Bad Bags (Best American Duffels),
    Red Oxx Aviator bags..

TARFU and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  4. Makahbay

Makahbay Banned

A GHB for when you're a 10 minute run away from home? (6 min if you haul butt)

Yeah I'd just look for a gym bag that can hold a change of clothes. Anything can work. I use backpacks -- Maxped, TT, REI, or Jansport depending on how much extra clothes I need to bring (i.e. bringing shorts or jeans makes a volume of difference).

5. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

The new model Redwings are great packs, but the 50 seems like overkill for a gym bag or a really short haul trip. You can easily load 50-60 pounds of stuff in it.