1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Help finding a new bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by gadgetjack, Aug 1, 2011.

1. gadgetjack

gadgetjack Loaded Pockets

I have started going for walks in the evening. I would like something light and fairly small. I carry a bottle of water, ID, phone, and keys. I have a Maxpedition Jumbo and find it rubs and bumps and is heavier than I would like. I am looking at a Remora or Moab 6, but am unsure if I want a sling bag or small backpack. I am open to all recommendations. I would like to use this as an EDC bag as well. Thanks all.

2. Doric

Doric Loaded Pockets

I would go with the Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II. Its a small-ish backpack that is relatively compact when lightly loaded up, but can hold a surprising amount for its size.

3. Municipal_Jedi

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

I'd look at the Maxpedition 10x4 bottle holder with a shoulder strap. This has a small pocket that would hold your phone, wallet and other items and will fit a 32 oz nalgene. I may bounce some but should be significantly lighter and more manageable than a jumbo.

4. Bagnerd

Bagnerd Loaded Pockets

I prefer slings so I can get to my stuff without taking the bag off.
    I've been carrying a PUSH for a while now.
    Phone mounted on the strap, Water bottle in the side pouch...doesn't bounce around.
    With kids I end up carrying two water bottles.
    Can Velcro it on your belt if you want more stability

5. TIREdMAN

TIREdMAN Loaded Pockets

+1 on the sling style. i walk daily into wooded areas with my utg bag (maxped versi knockoff) and i must say sling style is more accessable, especially in "need it now" situations.

6. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

Take a look at the SO Tech/Paladin Mission Go Bag, if you want a sling bag/messenger bag/fanny pack/backpack(with added straps) type bag.
    Backpack style- Camelbak Linchpin, H.A.W.G. or HAWG, Blue Force Gear Micro Dap Pack, or maybe a Kifaru E&E.

It will probably depend on your budget. If I was going to be walking all the time with it, I'd prefer something lightweight and quick drying. Maybe a civilian Camelbak design, or the Dap Pack.

7. OEM1

OEM1 Loaded Pockets

I have a Maxpedition Noatak Gearslinger. I'd highly recommend it. Its a little smaller than most of the Gearslinger series bags, it has a nice bottle holder pouch on the side and plenty of little pockets/storage for EDC items. For me its the perfect size. Its not big and clumsy but carries everything you'll need.

8. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

I often do 5-15 mile walks. I switched my Jumbo out for a Maxpedition Typhoon backpack with 10X4 water bottle holder attached. Even though the bag is only 10 lbs loaded, two straps is much more comfortable for me than one, especially when hiking or climbing. I don't really need to carry much, and could probably get by with the water bottle holder alone most of the time, but it's nice to have some extra gear around in case I happen to need something.

9. gadgetjack

gadgetjack Loaded Pockets

thank you for all of the suggestions. I am borrowing a Pygmy Falcon II from my brother to try and I bought a Lunada to test. If I like the Lunada I will probably have to buy another. My wife has expressed in that bag which means it is now hers unless she hates it. I do like the idea of just using the 10 x 4 bottle holder, if these bags are too big, that might be just the ticket. I'll let you know what I think after I've tested them.

10. little green bag

little green bag Loaded Pockets

I own a jumbo, remora, moab 6, pygmy falcon and noatak. And from what you have mentioned I would recommend the noatak best fit for a short walk with the essentials you carry.

I could never recommend a remora to anyone if you need to carry water. And since you like sling style a noatak would be perfect.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

11. GauchoAmigo

GauchoAmigo Loaded Pockets

12. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

edited

Last edited by KeyeEl, Feb 6, 2016