1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

HELP ASAP!!! need a new bag for short trips

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by TYWRAP, Mar 30, 2009.

1. TYWRAP

TYWRAP Empty Pockets

Ok please help me with deciding on a new bag for a short trip. (I'm finding I'm doing alot of these)

How much I have to spend: ~$100-135
    What the bag needs to hold: 1 full change of clothes, 1 partial change of clothes, toiletries,ipod,flashlight, etc.
    Terrain: NYC
    Modes of transport: Planes(no checked baggage, needs to be carry on) and taxis
    Misc requirements: Airplane firendly, No black material, but not to tacticool.

I like maxpedition, but I'm not sure which bag would really suite my needs. Open to other brands. LMK

2. brix

brix Loaded Pockets

If you are looking for a non tactical bag in your price range you might want to look at the Timbuk2 Classic Messenger, you can pick your own colors. They also have a travel section but the Messenger looks very roomy and has a nice organizer. A well built bag, I have one of their laptop bags.

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/messenger/classic-ballistic-messenger/size/7/

When I travel I use a Camelbak BFM for short trips:

http://tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/packs%20main/camelbak_bfm.htm

It is a little more than you listed in price, but I can stuff 3 days of clothes, a 13 inch laptop, gps, paperwork, etc. I love taking it because its a clam shell design and can open up the pack and run it through the machine. all the clothes stay in place because of the internal compression straps.

Hope this helps

3. MandM

MandM Loaded Pockets

To Keep all that stuff... and if you were gonna go with Maxped... you can't go any smaller than a Malaga. I havea Lunada and while It's great for what I do carry on a regular basis... it won't fit a full change of clothes and hanve room for other stuff.

Maybe a MaxPed Pygmy Falcon II would work best for you?

4. TYWRAP

TYWRAP Empty Pockets

Would the reg Falcon II be big enough? I'm leaning that way so far.

I like that camelpack, but it seems a bit too big. I have a blackhawk hydrostorm cyclone and it is a great bag but a tad on on the large side( lie you said more of a 3 day pack).

I kno I know I'm being picky :D

5. deep30hz

deep30hz Empty Pockets

+1 on the Camelbak BFM....great pack....great for air travel, it may be a little bit bigger than you need, but I rather have a bit more room than less. The Camelbak Motherlode could fit the bill...it's smaller than the BFM and less expensive.

6. m29oicw

m29oicw BST/Marketplace ban

No way 1 full change of clothes, 1 partial change of clothes will fit in PFII. PFII is way too small. Falcon II is divided up so it's hard to fit all your big gear in it. I think the Maxped condor II will work.

7. TYWRAP

TYWRAP Empty Pockets

Well I went with the falconII with hopes it could be a replacement for my colossus. It works great! Got 2 changes of clothes and a bunch of other stuff (PSP, EDC things, ETC). I was worried @ first it wasn't going ot be big enough, but it really allows for more room once your loosen the compression straps. Great low drag high speed bag for EDC or small trips.

8. BIG-TARGET

BIG-TARGET Empty Pockets

9. jemhouston
    • +2 Supporter

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

How about a Lands End 19".

I use one as carry one bag. It should hold everything you want. It will fit under the airline seat. Added bonus, I've never had to check it at the gate on commuter airplanes.

At $49.50, it's tough enough to last awhile, but if it doesn't, you're not out too much.