1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Help an edc bag dummy!

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Bdon, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Bdon

Bdon Loaded Pockets

I'm in the market for a new bag to carry. For years I've just been buy cheapo Walmart type bags and using them til they wear out. While I'm glad to see there stuff now moving towards more modern stuff, spending $20-$30 every 6 months can add up.
    I'm not a tacticool kinda guy. I'm not opposed to them but it would stand out for the wrong reasons for me. I don't get all weak in the knees for the military styled equipment anyways. So no real loss there.
    With that said, theses are my needs

Need one bag to do the following.

Bag to carry to work:
    coffee travel mug.
    First aid kit
    eating utensils
    ST 300 multitool
    A north face rain jacket
    hoody of some sort
    winter time a jacket can be subbed for the hoody
    Pair of gloves
    Pen and pencil
    Notepad
    Place to stash my wallet
    Phone charger
    Earbuds
    Sometimes carry my lunch
    Water bottle

For use as a bag while out with the wife and kids.
    Carry their edc: stuffed animal, blanket, pacifier, jackets etc. drinking cups for them. Snacks, bottles of water.
    Place for a small umbrella.
    Place to stick a tablet and charger
    Phone and charger
    First aid kit
    Again room for a hoody or jacket.

I like the idea of a back with bungees on the front to secure a jacket or whatever. Side bottle pockets are a must as well. And be able to sit upright and not fall over forward or backwards constantly. I hate that. I am open to ideas that don't 100% follow my criteria tough. Any suggestion?
    Thanks in advance for the help.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  2. RED-FIVE
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Available in black...

Camelbak Urban Assault
    1925 cu in. / 32L
    Dim: 20" x 16" x 13"
    .75L eddy water bottle included

Camelbak UA XL
    2258 cu in. / 37L
    Dim: 21" x 16" x 14"
    .75L eddy water bottle included

The Camelbak UA also recieved a redesign this year. A bit lighter and similar capacity.

RF

Chips177 and Quino171 like this.
  3. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

Osprey Nebula 34. Best non-tactical edc backpack ever.

BookhouseBoy and Myrddraal like this.
  4. gearheavy

gearheavy Loaded Pockets

I like and enjoy tactical to non-tactical packs and everything in between. Based on your description may I suggest you take a look at the following from Mountain Hardware. Very well made and reasonable prices.

Mountain Hardware Frequent Flyer 20L: (actually 22.5L) Trim, clean styling. Nice commuter pack.
    Mountain Hardware Frequent Flyer 30L: Same trim and clean styling as above but larger to accommodate your family needs.
    Mountain Hardware Agama 31L: A bit more traditional backpack looking, but again clean styling.

Here's the Frequent Flyer 20L. It's shown in grey but black and red options are available elsewhere on the web. I've have one in black and like it very much.
    http://www.mountainhardwear.com/frequent-flyer-20l-backpack-1676941.html

RED-FIVE likes this.
  5. Bdon

Bdon Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been looking at the north face jester and some of the osprey bags. However my wife just picked up a couple Eddie Bauer 20l stowaway bags for us to use on vacation.
    I carried it for a couple days to see how it felt around town. Seems to be ok. A decent size for summer load out. I added a outdoor products waist pack in the bottom. It carries all my multitool and first aid equipment. Plus some phone cords, lights, lighter etc. I added some shock cord to the front to be able to strap my rain jacket on the outside.

So I'll see how this goes. At the very least it will give me a better idea of what size bag I need.