1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Hello!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Farchyld, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Farchyld
    • In Omnia Paratus

Farchyld Loaded Pockets

Greetings!

I've been lurking for a long time, but I feel it's about time I actually post :)

I am a 26 year old IT contractor. I detest computers, but hey; I understand them and they more then pay for my bills and support my habits (read: addictions)

I actually became acquainted with the term "EDC" while searching for a cleaner way to maintain my keys. While I'm still working on them, and never satisfied, I have expanded a bit thanks to EDCForums and Bladeforums!

I'll get pictures once what I've ordered arrives, but I try to go light in my daily travels. I have a car, home, and laptop back that each have little "EDC Bundles" appropriate for specific situations, that way what I keep on my person can be minimized.

Once my two orders get here, I'll be using a:

Dark Coffee Narrow Saddleback; Drivers License, Medical Card, Credit Card.
    Steel Split-Key Ring; Car FOB, Car Key, House Key, Atwood Mini Poltergeist.
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    iPhone 4 encased with a SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel.

Again, I'm working on the key ring. I wanted to get a switch-blade keyfob for my '08 Mazda 3, but I was quoted at $300. That seems absurd and will have to wait. Also my steel split-key ring is old, and bent. I need a replacement. Looked into Ti, but was not pleased with it warping from sliding keys/tools onto and off of the ring.

I have fallen for Spyderco products, but also admire the design of the folding Striders and the sleekness of the Sebenza. This is obviously bad for my bank account!

I'm always open to suggestions and conversation ranging from intellectual to basically waxing idiotic.

Thanks for your time :)

2. A.D.D.i.c.t.

A.D.D.i.c.t. Loaded Pockets

Sounds like we have similar interests. welcome to the addiction! enjoy your stay!

3. rhazkhal

rhazkhal Loaded Pockets

Welcome and Enjoy!!!

4. browneyes

browneyes Loaded Pockets

Welcome!

If you want a cheaper switch-blade keyfob, you might consider making your own by ordering from ebay and getting the keys cut at your local hardware store. I did this with my keys (nissan 350z) - order ebay keyfob, get keys cut, salvage transponder chip from oem keyfob. Voila! cheap switchblade keyfob :)

Please post pics when you can!

5. Farchyld
    • In Omnia Paratus

Farchyld Loaded Pockets

Hmm. I think I saw them for about $50 uncut on eBay. I didn't know the keys could be cut at non-dealers? Also i'd be lost when it comes to moving a transponder. I've no experience with that sort of thing.

*EDIT*: Annnndddd my Paramilitary 2 came in. omg in love.

6. browneyes

browneyes Loaded Pockets

Farchyld,

If you take the key blank to a hardware store (home depot, aces hardware, or even a locksmith) they can cut your key, it's very inexpensive - think <$5. They might be more comfortable doing it if you just take the blank portion without the fob. As for the transponder chip, I cant help you there but maybe someone on the mazda forums can help you out. Here's what a google search brought up on mazda3 keys:

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=55575.0

Btw, I had to hack up my oem keyfob to get the chip..

I'm also a spyderco fan (blue endure 4 for me), post pics of your knife! :D

7. Farchyld
    • In Omnia Paratus

Farchyld Loaded Pockets

I'm saving my first pic for when my Saddleback gets here! Just you wait! The knife is already here and I love it. So amazing. Grip is fantastic and what I was looking for

I actually found that forum awhile ago. I signed up but user accounts are not instantly created; they need approval. Still awaiting account approval before I can post and whatnot :/

8. Dasein420

Dasein420 Empty Pockets

You are going to love the narrow wallet. I got mine about a month ago and it is without a doubt the best wallet I have ever had. Of course I am a saddleback junkie.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

9. Belush2
    • In Omnia Paratus

Belush2 EDC Junkie!!!!!

:wave: Welcome to the Forum!!...Enjoy!!

10. Farchyld
    • In Omnia Paratus

Farchyld Loaded Pockets