1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Hello from the Inland Empire

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Grizzled, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Grizzled

Grizzled Empty Pockets

Hello!

I've been a sporadic 'lurker' here at EDC forums for a few years, but decided I should register and participate as I can.

I've been EDC'ing ever since I was 18 months old and never went anywhere without a binky ( stress reduction device ) and blanky ( warm layer/emergency shelter ).

Since then I've substituted some items that seem to have more day-to-day utility. I'm still looking to learn new ideas and to make improvements to my 'EDC'.

Truth be told, I don't have a fixed EDC. What I stuff in my pockets tends to vary from day to day, season to season, and mood. More importantly, my pockets' contents tends to be dictated by what I expect to be doing on any given day.

I like spending time outdoors and traveling around. Each pursuit tends to mean that my carry gets modified based on the activity. When hiking or motorcycling, the increased luggage options means more stuff. When shuffling around at home, my carry is pretty minimal.

I just got my account approval email and I thought I use that as a test to see what I was actually carrying today. Today is an urban day and I'll be going out to lunch with a pal and then hitting a sporting goods store for some camping bits and pieces.

After reading the email and confirming my EDC Forums membership was up and running, I did a pocket dump:

[​IMG]

Starting with the brown leather wallet in the upper righthand corner, let me guide you around this mess:

• Wallet ( contains a bunch of stuff in addition to the usual cash, cards, IDs: fresnel lens, sharpening card, band aids, stamps, razor blade, safety pins, 4-way driver )
    • Kershaw & Victorinox pocket knives. I forget the model of the Kershaw. The Vic Classic get used the most.
    • House keys with pry bar, tweezers, and another 4-way driver
    • Money clip with cash a bag containing small ferro rod, oiled jute, and a P-38 ( with sharpened handle for use as striker )
    • Buff ( needs to be washed )
    • HAK utility knife ( I'm a little knife heavy today--no real reason )
    • Two hanks of twine ( often useful, but probably because I like to practice knots in slow moments. )
    • Small AAA Fenix light ( Outstanding bit if kit for its size & weight )

Conspicuously absent: the cell phone used to take the snap and a crumpled up plastic bag. I always ( except right now ) carry a small bag so I can clean up after my dog when we go for walks. I used it this morning and have failed to replace it. I would have to say that my plastic bag is my most important piece of EDC ( so this pocket dump is a bit of a FAIL for me. ;) ).

That's me: rode hard, put up wet, but still rolling. I'm looking forward to learning a bit more from you guys and adding what I can. :)

2. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Welcome! Glad you decided to register and join in. That looks like practical and useful set up.

Cobra 6 Actual and Grizzled like this.
  3. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Hello and welcome from Italy.

Cobra 6 Actual and Grizzled like this.
  4. bravo3

bravo3 Loaded Pockets

welcome from orange county!

5. rdisom

rdisom Loaded Pockets

Welcome from Cen Cal!

6. Grizzled

Grizzled Empty Pockets

7. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

Welcome from Texas

Grizzled likes this.
  8. Stryker

Stryker Loaded Pockets

Welcome from Alabama. In a previous century I did a bit of hunting in the Rifle, Colorado area. There are some mighty good folks out there!

Grizzled likes this.
  9. Marskindri

Marskindri Loaded Pockets