1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Hello from Northern Virginia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by all_thumbs, Aug 8, 2009.

1. all_thumbs

all_thumbs Loaded Pockets

Hey there, thought I'd chime in here before posting elsewhere. I've been registered a year, but this is my first post! Love the forum, and I've gotten lots of great information here. Lots of obsession fuel too, ha ha.

I'm an 'IT guy'. I moved to NoVa from the suburbs of Detroit 3 years ago when my company bought out a company here to get into government contacting. I do server, network and desk side support for an office of about 100 and limited support for about 400 users out of the office. I have been on-call 24/7 for about 3 years straight ( :rant:), so I my edc of course consists of a laptop and laptop bag and a few basic tools at a minimum. I've been interested in gadgets and knives for almost 30 years at this point. Anything machined out of metal will get a second look from me. I appreciate craftsmanship and design, and am becoming a devotee of the 'buy once, cry once' philosophy.

I am also a gun owner, and will hopefully have time and money to take my CCW course soon.

Thanks to JonSidneyB for the great forum, and the other members for the great information.

2. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

;D ;D :bounce: :bounce: :dance: :welcome: :dance: :bounce: :bounce: ;D ;D

3. Don H

Don H Empty Pockets

Too true, I do loads of research before I shell out any cash for anything. Rushing into a purchase (more often than not) will cause to you buy the wrong (normally expensive) item, which will then lie around not being used while you lick your wounds and save up for the item that you really need. :shrug: Don't buy second best just because it's in stock at the time, wait until they have what you you want or go elsewhere.

Welcome to the forum.

4. Stormstaff

Stormstaff Loaded Pockets

Welcome to the EDCF family!! :highfive:

5. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

Welcome to EDCF!

6. ErnestS

ErnestS Loaded Pockets

:welcome: It's great to see a fellow Northern Virginian! :)

7. Dodger

Dodger Empty Pockets

:welcome: