1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Hello from Cincinnati!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kaydub, Sep 19, 2011.

1. kaydub

kaydub Empty Pockets

Hey guys, my name is Kyle and I'm from Cincinnati, OH. I'm currently a student at the University of Cincinnati finishing up my senior year.

I became interested in EDC after I started living near campus last year, in an effort to efficiently carry my stuff to and from class and also as a means of defense against mugging and physical confrontation (something I never really had to worry about growing up in suburbia).

Still kind of new to the ways of EDC though, so I figured I'd join the forums here in order to enlighten myself. Hopefully I'll pick up some good tips and methods from you guys, and maybe contribute some helpful things myself!

(Also, hopefully this didn't post twice. My browser decided to act up right after I clicked "submit new thread")

2. Minifcar

Minifcar Loaded Pockets

Welcome neighbor. I'm over here in NKY. What kind of stuff can you carry on campus? I'd say get your CC but I doubt that it will do you any good there. Still good to have though.

3. kaydub

kaydub Empty Pockets

I know that firearms are not allowed on UC's campus. Knives are a bit of a grey area I guess, as "concealed weapons" are forbidden. I carry my Kershaw Blur wherever I go (aside from obvious no-no places) and have not had any issues with faculty, campus PD or Cincinnati PD, even when I am sure they are aware that I am carrying it. I keep it clip out in my pocket, so that the clip and the top of the handle is clearly visible (my shirts usually stop short of covering my pockets). Ohio knife laws are vague in general so I'm honestly not sure if that falls under "concealed" or not.

In any case, I'm much more likely to use my flashlight as a self defense tool over my knife, so the Kershaw usually stays in my pocket.

I do plan on getting my CCW, but alas, I am still a few months away from being able to (bit of a young'n as far as college students go). I come from a very gun-friendly family so my old man is very actively encouraging me to apply for it as soon as I am able :)

4. A.D.D.i.c.t.

A.D.D.i.c.t. Loaded Pockets

Welcome to the addiction! Enjoy your stay!

5. Belush2
    • In Omnia Paratus

Belush2 EDC Junkie!!!!!

:wave: Welcome to the Forum!!...Enjoy!!