1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Hello From BC

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by nopoofters, Nov 11, 2010.

1. nopoofters

nopoofters Empty Pockets

So a few months ago I was hunting around the web looking for a sling bag for my DSLR when I came across a post suggesting that a Maxpedition bag would be a great alternative. I went to their site and from there got turned on this huge EDC world. What a rush! I've been doing this for years as a matter of course. Didn't know there was a name for it.

Like others in this forum, I have several EDC environments, pockets, keychain, carry bag, truck. And the contents change depending on the season, job or occasion, location, and of course, my mood.

I've been lurking around here for a month or so now and have learned a lot. Most of what's discussed here, at least in terms of what one truly needs to have with him every day, is just a matter of common sense. And some of what's discussed here is about the fun stuff. For example, I've been looking at Atwood's tools. Truly amazing. But, to me, more art than necessity - for the price (that's not to say I might not own one some day).

Just ordered one of those 3" pry bars, among other things. What a knife saver that will be. As a computer tech I'm always having to pry/separate covers of things. This is a fabulous tool. Ordered from http://www.endtimesreport.com/survival_shop.html. Not the breadth and depth of choice as CountyComm, but usable products nonetheless. And Hey! They ship to Canada for a decent price.

If I can offer a small contribution - I always carry a small roll of velcro in my pocket. Great for bundling cables together or attaching items to my EDC bag.

Anyway that's my rant. Glad to be here.

BTW. I picked up the Versapack Jumbo. Great bag!

2. benvr8

benvr8 Loaded Pockets

Welcome!

I'm fairly new here as well and wanted to say that you've found one of the most beneficial one-stop-shop resources for EDC info, at least in my experience. There's a lot to learn in here, I've been impressed and picked up some good tips. Yes, CountyComm is amazing, it's unfortunate indeed that they don't ship internationally. At least you've found a substitute vendor for the time being, that's great!

Anyhow, again, welcome and enjoy!

PS- Whereabouts in BC are you located? I grew up doing lots of sailing up & down the inside passage, spending lots of time in Victoria, Nanaimo, Campbell River, Port Hardy, etc etc etc. Beautiful country, I miss it.

3. Fusilier

Fusilier Loaded Pockets

Welcome aboard, from the other end of the country. If you're like most of us, you'll rue the day you started reading here as you'll quickly discover how much kit you really desperately need, but you had never heard about before. Enjoy.

4. Xapalambos

Xapalambos Loaded Pockets

Welcome to the forums! get ready to covet and spend!!!

5. Waterborne

Waterborne Loaded Pockets

Welcome from Michigan!

6. doktorziplok

doktorziplok Loaded Pockets

+1 more welcome from michigan!

7. laylow

laylow Loaded Pockets

Welcome!

8. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

:welcome::welcome:to EDCF, glad you're here:clap:

9. Geek_Bag_AZ

Geek_Bag_AZ Empty Pockets

HOWDY fellow computer tech person... dont forget your hand santizer. Dont want you to catch the T-Virus.

10. TheRifleman

TheRifleman Loaded Pockets

Howdy and welcome to the greatest forums on the net!