1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Helikon?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by egp, Aug 24, 2021.

1. egp

egp Loaded Pockets

Does anyone have exp with this company, their bags? While looking at a different brand on eBay, these popped up. They are US based, but almost all the reviews I find are from Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Uzna

Uzna Loaded Pockets

I bought a bandicoot waist pack a while back. I don't use it a ton, but it is built well, and I would not hesitate to buy more of their products.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

egp likes this.
  3. tera tike

tera tike Loaded Pockets

#3 tera tike, Aug 24, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  4. LivingUpNorth

LivingUpNorth Loaded Pockets

Helikon Tex (a.k.a. Direct Action, depending on where you are) makes great stuff. Their build quality is very good and their designs fill all the EDC or tactical roles without looking overly military-like.
    I have their Urban Courier (large) and their Range Line double pistol wallet. Both are well thought-out and look great. They are on my short list of bag manufacturers and would definitely recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

egp likes this.
  5. egp

egp Loaded Pockets

Thanks guys, I like the prices too, cheaper than most of the other stuff I've seen, they are in high demand as most everything is sold out on their website, but available on ebay

6. Drjones

Drjones Loaded Pockets

Sorry not their bags but I just got a couple pairs of their pants.
    I got the GPT and CPT pants.
    I like them so much I'm absolutely going to get more gear from helikon.
    Very nice stuff!

7. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

I've got the bandicoot waist pack and agewe 100%with the above comments on it.
    I also have the bailout bag ,swag man roll and a few pouches sere, essentials , I would say its thinner and lighter stuff than the old maxpedtion range but like them it can have molle or cargo net or retention bands which seem to be placed there for no reason than to look useful but dont really serve a purpose.

For the price is great for me not as rugged and 5.11 fades and Mark's easier, but overall worth a purchase but get hands on rather than online because if it fits your needs its great bit other wise you may end up stuffing a bag with items you dont require but it's all that fits in the compartment.

I think overall they sell on a military surplus kinda of appearance but in reality it's not that tough or hard wearing. Others may disagree but that my own findings based on owning about 10 items of the range

8. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

I bought their Bushcraft Satchel. Its a great little bag that I keep my "get home" stuff in. High quality, but you pay for it.

twin63 likes this.
  9. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Have a pair of bags, pouches, some belts... never had an issue with.

twin63 likes this.
  10. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Interesting company. I've looked into their stuff on several occasions. Seems like their product line changes frequently. They make one thing, and when it's gone it's gone (unless you find it on ebarf or something). They don't really seem to have any real 'distributors' in North America. I've heard some pretty hit and miss reviews (not bot stuff) on their gear. One of the big ones is material thickness and durability. Their gear looks really cool (I like it), but when it comes to using it, it may not be all it's cracked up to be. Fire damage seems to be a big issue from everyone I've talked to who had some. Get within 50' of a fire and they wind up with holes all over it.

Funny you would mention this company, OP. I was just looking into them (again) yesterday. Near as I could figure, everything they sell is coming out of Poland...and it looks like from one guy too.

They've got a really cool name, and some products which look like they'd have some really good potential, but buying their stuff seems like a pretty shaky bet unless you get in on the product run early. I've also heard sizes are really wonky too, like you have to order a 6XXL to get a true 2XXL. Almost makes you think some of their gear is actually made in China because you see that same sizing issue with Chinese stuff.

I'll be following this thread to see how you do if you order something, and interested to see if you actually get it, and if it works out. Haven't heard of any scam issues with people getting ripped off or anything, but several people I talked to did have to go through lengthy refund processes when their orders were cancelled due to lack of stock.

Hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

11. sselva

sselva Empty Pockets

I have raiders backpack, it is well manufactured, really good quality and good confort when it is loaded.

12. Gypscoprotheres

Gypscoprotheres Loaded Pockets

I have a couple of their products and must say that I'm very pleased.

-Matilda backpack (sort of an upgraded version of the A.L.I.C.E. pack);
    -Urban Admin Pouch (my tool/handy-stuff kit);
    -Covert M-65 jacket;
    -Essential Kitbag (for when I'm not bringing a backpack, but do want to carry my Nalgene and some extra stuff);
    -Cobra belt;
    -Fleece jackets (I have 2 Alpha grid jackets);
    -Shirts;
    -Beanie (50% Merino wool).
    And chances are that I'm forgetting something.

What can I say? It's all very well designed and is holding up really well. When Cordura is used, it's made of 500D Cordura®. Sometimes you can get a bag in nylon as well, so it's up to you what's more important: toughness or weight. When I look at my Matilda pack: some parts are made of 500D Cordura (the bottom for example) and other parts of nylon, to keep the weight down. The Bergen pack is entirely made of 500D Cordura, but I don't own one.

I'm from the Netherlands, so I guess it's easier to buy their products, but I'm guessing their products will be more and more available in the states since their name is getting bigger and bigger.

jocsen likes this.
  13. jocsen

jocsen Loaded Pockets

Decent company. The best hat that i ever had, the cpu. 60% cotton 40%polyester.

14. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

From what I’ve seen of their products, they do make quality gear.

Although, if I’m not mistaken, I believe the actually company is based out of Europe (Poland I believe) and just has a distributor based in US.

Nick4305 likes this.
  15. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

You got it, founded and based in Poland

SOS24 likes this.
  16. AeroNautiCal

AeroNautiCal Loaded Pockets

I have two of their E&E Pouches, which I bought as I really liked the thoughtful design, quality materials and excellent build quality, good reviews too!

These pouches are of outstanding quality and represent excellent value for money, and I have every intention of getting more of their well designed gear.

I also have their Tool Roll, which is well worth looking at, as its thoughtfully designed and very well made.

Its about the best of its type and size that I've come across.

Based on my experience with their pouches and Tool Roll, I can highly recommend them.

#16 AeroNautiCal, Aug 10, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    tera tike likes this.