1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Hazard 4 Switchback - Where have you been all my life?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by lokkenjawnz, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Motorman

Motorman Loaded Pockets

Biomike, thanks for the insight. I own only one sling bag (Hazard4 Evac Take-Down)-new for Christmas and a new concept for me.
    So until I can get some mileage with it, I admit I am still learning. I too, am looking forward to using it for travel and hope that it will
    fit under the airline passenger seat in front of me.

Last edited by Motorman, Jan 1, 2013
  2. TallNHairyDave

TallNHairyDave Loaded Pockets

Loving my Switchback!

Comfortable, convenient (swing it round front on the bus and subway), holds all my stuff for the commute to work with room to spare.

Modded it a little, replaced the zip pulls on the main compartment with gutted orange paracord and added my orange tec-accessories glow light to one of the zipper tags. Makes it obvious which zipper pulls are the main pack vs the admin pouch if both in the same position on the bag when carried.

Might add a small FAK pouch on the front next to the admin pouch for ease of access to FAK.

Happy new year folks!

3. biomike

biomike Loaded Pockets

I think the TakeDown may be a bit long to fit under the seat in front of you at 28", but will go in an overhead bin without any problem. My PlanB kind of pushes the limits on size and protrudes a little into the space between the seats but I guess it will depend on the airline and spacing and size of the seats. Either way, the narrow format of the bag is another aspect that makes it quite convenient while traveling and stow more easily than a wider bag. Every time I fly with it, someone stops me and asks what kind of bag it is. Love to hear your impressions of the TakeDown once you have had some time to use it a bit.

4. Motorman

Motorman Loaded Pockets

I believe you are right on the length of the Take-Down being too long for under the seat. Thanks for the info on the Plan B. Looked like it would be a good size for under the airline seat. Where do you think the Switchback would fit?
    Thanks

5. biomike

biomike Loaded Pockets

Switchback will definitely fit. It is about the same size as the Moab 10 with which I have used quite a bit for travel. It may be a tight fit to squeeze one foot to the side of it under the seat (depending on your shoe size) but it should at least fit.

6. Jules

Jules Loaded Pockets

I'm rapidly approaching decision time to order my pack, I would like the Switchback, but its nearly twice the price of the Plan B in the UK. Could any of you guys confirm or deny whether an ipad will fit in the Plan B? A picture would b even better!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

7. biomike

biomike Loaded Pockets

Yes, it will fit. My ASUS Transformer Prime (same dimensions) fits easily. I can also get my Dell XPS13 in it but it pushes out a little on the sides.

8. Jules

Jules Loaded Pockets

Thanks Mike. Plan B or Rocket it is then.

9. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

Heh, so far i have avoided the urge to get one simply because i would have to order it from somewhere outside Norway. But now there seems to be a importer for all things Hazard 4 and Civilian Labs...

10. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

In my mind the switchback is well worth the price. I've been carrying mine since I got it a few weeks ago, and it's easily the best sling bag I've ever carried for my work load out. The Moab 10 is the only other bag that's ever come close, but ultimately the Moab's lack of a stabilizer strap makes it take second place.

11. lokkenjawnz

lokkenjawnz Loaded Pockets

Man I'm dying here! I want this bag so bad, but it's just a bit out of my price range. Anyone interested in a Maxpedition Malaga in black? I need to replace it with money, so I can properly afford the Switchback! :D

12. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Still waiting for one of you "Switchbackers" (yes, I've given you an official name) to post pictures of someone wearing it - front and rear view. Come on fellas - don't make me have to review this darn thing in order to get decent pics up on the forum. I have my hands full at the moment with the second half of the Tom Bihn Smart Alec, Hazard 4 Sherman, and Admin Pouch Death Match write ups. ;)

13. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

I'll see if I can make this happen later today. That is, if you think seeing the pack on a 6'1 fat guy would be useful ;)

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Jules likes this.
  14. TallNHairyDave

TallNHairyDave Loaded Pockets

I'll see what I can do in the next day or so... I owe a review of it over on britishblades forum anyway (should have done that over the weekend but I was feeling rough).

15. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Don't talk about it, just do it.

Jules likes this.
  16. biomike

biomike Loaded Pockets

I was going to get some posted as well but kind of under the weather. I'll see what I can do as well tomorrow.

17. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

I'll try to get SWMBO to take a few on the morrow. Of course, that will mean exposing the fact that I own the pack, but I'm willing to take my chances for you guys.

18. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Do what I did - invest in a tripod. It doesn't complain about all the nylon gear in your man cave. :D

Myrddraal likes this.
  19. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

Good thing, cause that's where I'll be sleeping.:tongue:

TARFU likes this.
  20. biomike

biomike Loaded Pockets

TARFU likes this.