1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Hazard 4 Reveille

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Soulriot, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Gnarly
    • The Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Simply love mine!

catfishdan likes this.
  2. Groovy

Groovy Loaded Pockets

I actually need a new shaving bag. I never thought about a tactical style toiletry bag but it looks great.

3. zombieslayer001
    • +4 Supporter

The spec ops brand pack rat works well as a toiletries bag.

pruitthall likes this.
  4. TARFU
    • The Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Hey B'rer Gnarly. I have new one sitting here that I haven't even taken the tags off. It doesn't look like the entire interior of the bag is coated like a typical toiletry bag. I've had stuff leak before where I didn't bother putting a cap on right or the pressure changes opened something for me (shampoo, conditioner, etc.). How does that aspect of the product work for you?

5. TARFU
    • The Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Same question to you Soulriot. You and I use the same brand of deodorant. I've had the gel leak out of mine into my current toiletry bag. I had to then rinse it out and let it dry. Could you do the same thing with this? Have you had that happen? Just curious. Trying to decide if I'm going to keep this or not.

6. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

looks great for a FAK ,car,work locker kind of secondary go to bag,as a wqshbag id prefer eagle creek myself
    thanks for the pics OP

7. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • The Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

The gel has gotten on the back, more so from the excess that ends up on the sides of the container. I will attempt to clean it during my son's nap today.

TARFU likes this.
  8. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • The Omnia Paratus

Staff Member

Dirty:
    [​IMG]

Water and light rub:
    [​IMG]

Almost fully dry:
    [​IMG]

The material on the back if the interior is that same as the exterior and the water beaded up on it. I only lightly rubbed the areas that were dirty. I'm sure if I used a small brush it would make it look like new again.

amdmaxx and SAKplumber like this.
  9. Gnarly
    • The Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Soap & water; scrub vigorously with a nail brush, hang it on the fencepost to dry....that was the first time.

Then I 'worked smarter / not harder.....simply sprayed it, inside & out with tent treatment...water repellent stuff.
    Two drenching coats, all over.

Now: wipe it out w/ a damp rag or wet wipe: DONE.

catfishdan, amdmaxx and SAKplumber like this.
  10. bobbyc

bobbyc Loaded Pockets

Can you fit an iPad Mini in the internal compartment? I'm seeing this as a (potential) under-the-jacket alternative to a fanny pack, kind of a trimmed down EDC alternative. My Lunada is too big for this, my Sitka waaaay to big.

11. SAKplumber
    • The Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I was gonna suggest the same thing:rolleyes:

12. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • The Omnia Paratus

Staff Member

I don't have a mini, but I dont beleive that it will fit.

13. bobbyc

bobbyc Loaded Pockets

I eyeballed some of the earlier posts and noticed that a regular-sized toothbrush will fit comfortably lengthwise across the inner pocket. My daughter's iPad Mini is about as tall as a toothbrush. . .QED. I am going to see if a local store has one on Friday, will do a live test.

14. benhar

benhar Loaded Pockets

Sorry to resurrect a zombie, but I have a couple questions for owners, and figured better to keep to one thread...

Is the length truly 12.5"? I'm looking for something at least an inch shorter, but I guess I could cram it in the space if need be, if my OCD will allow it.

When hanging, do the heavier items shift to the middle and cause sagging? That's one of the few complaints I've read about the L.L. Bean bag.

Basically I'm trying to convince myself to replace my 10+ Eagle Creek Sport. I like it a lot and it's still in excellent shape, but lately I've been wanting something flatter for packing (though I haven't decided if that's worth the trade-off losing the ability to just set it on a counter without tipping.) I really like Tumi's hanging bag, but $135 is a bit much for a shaving bag.

15. Kraid

Kraid Loaded Pockets

I looked at this one for quite awhile, but ended up going with the AlphaOneNiner Recon 8. Unless you need a hanging style, to me, this is the best one that I could find.

16. benhar

benhar Loaded Pockets

Thanks. I ended up ordering another Eagle Creek, the Pack-It Caddy. It looks to retain everything I like about my Sport, while being 2" thinner, giving the flatness I need. I'm concerned about it being too small, but the item has free returns so I figured it was worth a shot. I also like Maxpedition's similarly designed Aftermath, but the fixed hook is a dealbreaker (and a pretty silly oversight).

The Reveille would have been near perfect if it was about 2" smaller. Oh well.

17. PreparedCitizen

PreparedCitizen Loaded Pockets

I have one as well. Use it in my work locker. I have showered in the locker room showers many times using the Reveille. I have no complaints and have enojyed its use.