1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Hazard 4 Poncho Villa

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Nighted, May 15, 2014.

1. StJimmyS21

StJimmyS21 Loaded Pockets

That is the funniest animation I have ever seen...though I doubt you'll get many bites on it in the BST after seeing this review.

I dig the idea of the poncho vs. conventional rain gear, especially if you have any load bearing gear on. The ability to swing the front up and over your shoulder and access your kit, while keeping electronics and ammunition dry seems pretty logical to me. That on top of the overall utility of the garmet, I can't see how it managed to fall off the radar.

2. Nighted
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nighted Loaded Pockets

Yeah, that's why I wanted this poncho. I had one before and it was great. It was ugly as sin, but it kept me and my gear dry. Hopefully soon I'll be able to get out into the rain for a few hours and see how it holds up with a proper Nikwax treatment. If not I suppose I'll have to find some other use for the Poncho. I'm sure H4 would love for me to light it on fire on YouTube.

3. StJimmyS21

StJimmyS21 Loaded Pockets

I'd hold off on the witch-treatment. If they aren't insterested in making it right to you, the end user, then I doubt they give a hoot about someone torching their stuff on youtube. My advise, find some way to repurpose it. Use the lining or the outer material as a spent brass bag or something. Then whenever you're showing off your :censored: hot new item, you can say "yeah, this is made from a Hazard 4 Poncho that was a piece of junk, but it makes a good ______ " Besides, at that price, its an awful expensive bonfire.

4. Cervantes

Cervantes Loaded Pockets

Mine worked for a few showers, but last years maelstrom in Houston Texas during Halloween... maaaan.. I was wetter than the kids that just ran out in their costumes after.. SOAKED, wet, cold, and soaked.. I had to break down my G26 after to give it as good cleaning and re-apply lubricant.. It was like I went for a swim in the gulf.. Can I just spray some water repellent on this sucker to get it good again? I've also been looking online for a way to just clean this mother without damaging the material.. I bought it on sale through Chief supply, reduced to 80 bucks due to prior service. I'm taking the boys outy tomorrow morning for Cub Scouts to canvas the neighborhood for a food drive.. and it's forecast to rain.... should I poncho or lug an umbrella...???...!!!

5. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the heads up ,i shall maybe go with the swagman roll
    Hope they refund or something it's mis selling