1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Have you found your "perfect" pack?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Rdog, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

First Tactical half day pack.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

2. njpreps

njpreps Loaded Pockets

Greenroom136 Rainmaker (wildcard). They have premade ones but I chose the custom option and added most of the optional features. The bags are bomb proof and I just ordered my second one because my daughter wanted the one I am currently using

3. FLbeachbum

FLbeachbum Loaded Pockets

No I have not found the perfect pack but it is definitely not from lack of effort. I think I could open a small store with all the different bags and pouches I have.

RED-FIVE, ran23, 01bugtruck and 4 others like this.
  4. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

This

T Shrapnel-Carruthers likes this.
  5. Daveho

Daveho Loaded Pockets

[​IMG] This guy does me fine. Holds my stuff, doesn’t jump out as wildly tactical (not reall a consideration here is aus for the general population)
    And it takes a beating from what I have seen thus far, I think I’ll move my rush 12 to the car.

Last edited by Daveho, Feb 9, 2018
    Jay-uk likes this.
  6. Daveho

Daveho Loaded Pockets

I’ll add when I’m packing light, like for the gym or just don’t need stuff.. I love my sord scavenger bag BUT their customer service here in Australia is some of the worst I’ve had in a long time, i will never use their online store again, honestly it’s a shame as they are a company I could have really gotten behind.
    [​IMG]
    Such a shame.

7. T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers Loaded Pockets

What is it?

8. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

I know... I can't stand it when people do that. "Here's my great bag [PHOTO]" and then no mention of the brand and model. Almost reeks of attention bait.

9. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

There is no "perfect pack," IMHO. However, there is the matter of finding what is closest and then customizing it. I've done a few things like replacing straps and adding snaps. One very easy way to customize is to add an organizer. This works great in a pouch or section that is lacking in little slots and pockets for things. Grid-It is a well known brand for such things:
    [​IMG]

10. Daveho

Daveho Loaded Pockets

5.11 Lima, they have been around for ever.

11. Daveho

Daveho Loaded Pockets

It’s a bag that’s been a mainstay in the EDC world, it’s the messenger bag equivalent of a rush12 really it doesn’t need an introduction, no need to be a tool about it.

Last edited by Daveho, Feb 11, 2018
    #91 Daveho, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  12. kakinuma-kun

kakinuma-kun Loaded Pockets

+Grid-It.

I've actually given up on a perfect bag, plus everything wears out and then the bag you liked isn't available any more, or something starts to bother me about a bag, etc. Plus so many of my activities need specialized bags.

So I've switched to using Grid-Its where needed and a Maxpedition FR-1 Pouch for EDC. I just move them between lots of different bags (office briefcase, weekend messenger, Dad Bag for Disneyland, backpack for hunting, etc.)

BTG108 likes this.
  13. Rdog

Rdog Loaded Pockets

I have been interested in trying one of those Grid-it things for some time, was not too sure how they would work in a pack, but thought they would be great in a desk/cabinet.

I have been using a 5.11 brand molle panel in my pack but still need to set up the right pouches/what not on it...what I have so far does help keep everything from ending up on the bottom, but wish the pack had the PALs webbing inside to begin with.

On a side note, anyone have luck with gluing cordura fabric?

14. chefemzman

chefemzman Loaded Pockets

Personally, I don't think there is a "perfect" pack/bag. The one bag that I use the most frequent is my Vanquest Mobius 2.0 VPacker shoulder bag. I'm able to carry all my daily essentials including my Sig P320 compact with extra mags, IFAK, small axe and other small survival stuff. The bag also doubles as a camera bag when on vacations. Then when I have bigger missions that needs more photography equipment, I'll deploy my bigger bags. Currently, I am search for the "perfect" carry-on bag that can carry camera gear and at least 1 week's worth of clothes. I may have found it from a company called Wandrd. They came out with a 40-liter duffel, doubles as a backpack, that accommodates my needs. I currently purchased it for an upcoming trip, so I'll try and put up a review on it when I return.

15. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

The Grid-It works great in a pack, actually. That's where it shines. For a desk/cabinet, you'd be better off with a tray having various slots and compartments... nothing lashed down, for easy access. The Grid-It is well made but my only gripe is that it's a touch heavy...

16. ganagati

ganagati Empty Pockets

Some of us are new around here ... ID'ing these things is a huge help for those of us that are not yet initiated (but working hard to get there!)

17. Daveho

Daveho Loaded Pockets

Absolutely, got no problem doing it.
    Just took issue with the reply I got

18. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

I will never update or chance messenger , same model and it's beyond perfect for my needs.

If I can only settle on one pack for my needs that made me as happy

19. Mark Patton

Mark Patton Loaded Pockets

I don't know that the perfect pack exists for me. I currently have in my collection 511 Moab 10 (perfect except I don't really like slings), give me two straps on this and it would be perfect. 511 Rush 24 (great pack but too big for my EDC). 511 Nitro (perfect except for the admin panel not be attached to the pack). 511 Delivery Lima (perfect except I don't want to carry a messenger outside of work). I had a Rush12 is was just a little too small so I sold it.

I love 511 if you couldn't tell. There are a ton of packs out there and every time I find what I think is the perfect one, I see another one with some other feature that I think would be better. I think if 511 would use the CCW feature that they use on their Moab series on other series, I would stick with a Rush 24.

Jay-uk likes this.
  20. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

Bought a 5.11 LIMA messenger, for two days I thought it was my perfect pack... Gone back to my GR1...