1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Have you ever lost a knife?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Linas, May 11, 2010.

1. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I lost a Victronox executive in a rental car, and a Wenger L.L. Bean edition knife to a former roommate.

2. bushidomosquito

bushidomosquito Removed from forum.

Left more Leathermans than I can remember in homes while doing HVAC work and they never seem to call to tell me. Sometimes I can't remember which house and sometimes the drive just wasn't worth it. I carried my first SAK for 14 years and retired it but many others have been lost since. One SAK Mechanic fell into a running garbage disposal at an insane party in New Orleans and locked it up in about 3/4 of a second but it was long enough to destroy the knife. In mourning for that one I bought the only black SAK I've ever owned at ACE on the way out of the city. And somewhere around here is a titanium CRKT with an ATS34 blade that I would like to send to jforbush for some orange cerakote if I can find it.

3. kershawleeker

kershawleeker Loaded Pockets

i lost a leatherman blast my dad gave me it was my first real multi tool /knife so i have a sweet spot for them

4. DTM_Oskar

DTM_Oskar Loaded Pockets

losing knives was just part of owning them for a while for me. It really hurt when i lost my grandpa's (the man my grandma re-married) two bladed slipjoint with real antler handles. since then my knive stay in my nightstand, bag or pocket so I avoid a mishap like that again. everytime i go in the storage room at my parent's place i dig through the bins of my old stuff looking for that knife but i never find it. i just bought an sak to replace my first knife from when i was in boy scouts as well. i know that ones long gone.

5. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Yet again i lost another, i didn't even know it till i needed it, but i did wonder why my keys felt a little light but didn't look. i lost my Leatherman Style PS. but where? ive been back tracking for the past 3 days but just cant put it together, unless when i got into the cab it unhooked from my keys? oh well JR

6. xtrajack

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

I haven't lost one I cared about since '88. The one I lost then was a limited edition Buck 110, that an army buddy had given me because HE had lost about $1500 worth of camera gear that I had loaned him. His father in law had given him the knife, he didn't want to part with it. He changed his mind after he lost my camera.

I lost it about 4 years later when I was on the way to a square dance. The one that I have now, (a 25th anniversary edition Buck 110) the young lady that I was dancing with, picked out for me, because she felt so bad about me losing my knife while taking her to a dance---not that it was her fault in any way.

7. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

I recently lost a buck 110 as well, my dad gave it to me in 2000 and I EDCd it every day until last week. Evidently I wore a hole in my pocket (cargo pocket on the outside) and it fell through... :( My dad passed away in 2002 (at 55 of a freak accident) and it was the last gift he'd given me.

I now keep knives that I care about on my belt in a pouch.

8. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

I lost a cheap serrated tanto while shoveling snow before work. Could have been at or between any one of a dozen or so clients. Replaced it that evening with a Kershaw Scallion and later with a CRKT M16-14Z. I'm not sorry, I used the heck out of that $8.00 blade for several years and ended up with a much better one of similar design plus the Kershaw as a bonus.

My first Leatherman was a "finder". About 20 years ago I'd been running a satellite truck on a news feed, as we were packing up an original Leatherman was laying in the road right where I'd seen the driver of another satellite truck using it. I had talked to the guy a bit since I used to work for the company who built his truck and was always interested to see how they got customized. So I knew who it belonged to, but had no way of contacting him to return it.

9. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Sorry about your losses, i still have my SAK that my grandfather gave me 20yrs ago, i stopped using it around 10yrs ago after getting a diff tool, but when he passed 4yrs ago all i wanted was his matching SAK, so there on my dresser side by side.. JR

10. jemhouston

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

I lost a Spyderco Delica at work while running cable at work. Couple of months ago, I was under the floor where I thought I lost it. It wasn't there, so I have no idea where it is. Hopefully I may find it when we do more cable work. Since it had a black handle, I replaced it with a Salt with a bright yellow handle.

I also lost a Duluth Trading Folding Knife within a week of getting it. Since I got it for spending X dollars with Duluth Trading, it doesn't hurt quite as much. I'm not sure about what if anything I'll replace it with.

11. Throc

Throc Loaded Pockets

Every year I seem to lose a knife on my annual "guys weekend" canoe trip. Two years ago it was a leatherman core. This past year, was a sak farmer. I never seem to lose the big expensive ones, it's always the relatively affordable, smaller ones.

12. mikey

mikey Banned

Well, if you are gonna lose one, be thankful it is the cheaper ones! :)

13. DODGE_THIS!

DODGE_THIS! Empty Pockets

I lost two benchmade cqb-7s in one year. Yeah that sucked big time. One in a movie theater, and about 5 months later, one at a social gathering.

14. dbert

dbert Loaded Pockets

Lost my spyderco ladybug salt in the James River last weekend.

15. bigfatton

bigfatton Loaded Pockets

I lost one of the early CRKT M16 model knives, it was the big one, with a tanto, combo edge. It was my first "good" knife (over 70 bucks) and I lost it years ago, was very sad, only recently got another "good" knife, a benchmade full size grip

16. Sparkey

Sparkey Loaded Pockets

I lost my first real SAK...a red alox pioneer with the "cross" logo...I put a lot of miles on that knife. I think it got lost in a friends car after a night of too many adult beverages. :( (me, not him..don't drink and drive, kids!) Not a huge loss financially, but sentimentally...

17. maxray

maxray Loaded Pockets

I lost my Kershaw Ken Onion Random Leek for two years and then found it at a family vacation home last year!!!

18. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

A Vic Super Tinker (or whatever the model was known as then), was stolen out of my gym locker, along with my wallet :sigh:. It was annoying to have lost the money and a nuisance to report and replace credit cards, drivers license etc., but I confess to missing my SAK most:'( . I replaced it with a Swisschamp, which I must admit took considerable sting out of the experience ;D .

Five months later, the wallet was found along with several others in a room of an abandoned building, apparently discarded by the thief after having gone through them for anything of value. Since there were still items in it that had no value except to me, I was glad it hadn't been tossed into a dumpster.

19. bladeblabber

bladeblabber Loaded Pockets

i actually cant remember me ever loosing a knife. i do however remember one time fishing and i dropped a knife (cheap chinese made) into the river, i jumped in after it and swam to the bottom and got it back!

20. HPFlashman

HPFlashman Loaded Pockets

There have been some lost over the years, for the most parts the smaller SAKs, but I normally have several around as they seem to manifest them selfs out of thin air so if they are lost or misplaced, I dunno. :)

The ones that bugs me the most having lost, is a Spyderco Delica semi serrated that I EDCed for about 15 years that I don't know how got lost, but I guess it may have been hooked up in a car safety belt, and a 5" Lapp knife, that had a defect in the belt loop.