1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Hasty EDC...

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Ihaveitonme, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Ihaveitonme

Ihaveitonme Loaded Pockets

I had to leave the house in a flash a couple hours ago... I have a stash in the car, but here is what I grabbed off the desk in my garage for a "hasty EDC"[​IMG]

Any of you ever done that? No time to grab the murse, so what did you take in a flash?

LRex and Ippon like this.
  2. baccar-3

baccar-3 Loaded Pockets

I would never allow myself to be in a position where doing what you had to do happens.
    I keep my loaded edc bag by the door where I can grab it on the way out.

ManVsLawn and T.H.Cone like this.
  3. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

I keep everything in the same place, so if I need to head out I can grab the basics in less time than it takes to tie my shoelaces (assuming I don't have them in my pockets anyway).

Keeping everything in a set place I do mainly just to keep track of everything and to prevent myself losing it half the time - there is a great thread on the topic at what do you empty our pockets into at home

ManVsLawn likes this.
  4. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

Were you hanging around your pool or were you still in your PJs? I mean, why wasn't your normal carry already in your pants?

I will say, that I think the E2D is a classic.

tmedina and thePlumbah like this.
  5. Ihaveitonme

As I said ..... I keep a loaded go bag in the car... That was a 2:43 am situation where a neighbor needed immediate help... Stuffed my cargo pockets and ran to the ride...

ManVsLawn likes this.
  6. tankmbt

tankmbt Loaded Pockets

Still 10x more prepared for most situations than the average Joe.

tmedina likes this.
  7. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I haven't actually. If I'm sitting around, I DO actually have it on me :D

I keep a knife, a light, and a .45 on me. If I had to run out quick I'm not grabbing anything. If I have time to plan I take it all :)

T.H.Cone and ManVsLawn like this.
  8. Ihaveitonme

Well then.... I guess I failed. Lol

9. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

So, you were in your PJs. I take back what i said. You did an excellent job.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  10. sagenodland

sagenodland Loaded Pockets

That's what I feel like when I start going to school I feel like I don't have everything I need. Of course I end up being fine other than dealing with sub-par cutting tools. (crappy scissors and exactos)

11. Ihaveitonme

The one thing I've learned about EDC stuff- cutting tools are never something to skimp on... Save up and buy once

12. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have uh, 'exit point kits', for this very reason... I mean, if I leave the house STARK naked (scary, I know), I will be able to grab a kit as I'm running out the door with one hand. There is a multitool (used Camper/Huntsman), a flashlight (usually an Fenix E01 - cheap and reliable), duct tape, bic/ferro rod/matches/water tab, mylar blanket, booboo kit, safety pin(s), etc.... Sometimes a fixed blade is included or something more 'substantial.' I need to add a condom to each kit for water storage - those things are expensive!! 8)

These kits are at every window, every door, one by the bed.... I figure if I every need to truly grab and go, I can do such with relative confidence. It took me a long time lot of bargain hunting on the SAKs and the other supplies I just built slowly up from spares and EDC items that didn't quite work out to be carried.

edit - of course the truck has a get home bag in it at all times, so I'd have clothes, but...

What I'm saying is, I can get by with duct tape bikini and a Vic, come heck or high water, in a moments notice..... 8)

thatotherguy and Mr. Martines like this.
  13. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Well, I've never really had "no time to grab the murse" - maybe shirt, socks or underwear since those takes far longer to put on though.

But I'm so lazy that I always "pocket dump" my EDC directly into the the next pair of pants I'm going to wear (ummm, when I change pants that is ;)), so I'll always have my EDC... or I really am going out naked.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  14. RBid

RBid Loaded Pockets

When I go to bed, I move my EDC to tomorrow's pockets. I don't wear sweatpants or walk around in track pants, either. I do my workouts at home, in boxer briefs, which creates the convenient ability to yank pants on and go in an emergency.

I'm always ready to go. I have never been forced to leave without things.

If you don't carry it every day, it's not every day carry.

FighterZak likes this.