1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Has Anyone Used One of These?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by adnj, Sep 15, 2009.

1. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

I believe this might be a good solution for a pistol site.

LaserLyte Link

2. SALT

SALT Loaded Pockets

It looks kind of cumbersome. If you end up having to do a one hand reload or malfunction drill, looks like you would break it right off.

If you're interested in a laser site, Lasermax or Crimson Trace are the only way to go.

3. 2slim

2slim Empty Pockets

Looks like it would break off within about 2 minutes of any real world use. If you must run a laser (which I just can't understand at pistol distances) stick with Crimson Trace.

4. goteron

goteron Empty Pockets

A thousand times no. Stick with crimson trace, or lasermax... That looks like its somewhat annoying when aiming as well.

5. Rob72

Rob72 Loaded Pockets

Laserlyte makes good gear, including a fairly unique training laser series( http://www.laserlyte.com/New_Products/New_LT-PRO.html ) .

The sight referenced, according to the LL page, is made of metal; I doubt it is more likely to shear than Meps, Trijicon, et al. :rolleyes: CT is good, but among high volume shooters (including myself) Lasermax- not so much. CT actually improves my Glock grip, some find it cumbersome. The LL product is evolutionary. I wouldn't say that "this is IT!"...but its definitely getting there. ;)

6. greymethod

greymethod Loaded Pockets

7. DozerDog

DozerDog Empty Pockets

Seems like an unproven product, Stick w/proven lasers until this thing gets some street time. It may be the best thing since sliced bread but nobody knows yet.

8. Rob72

Rob72 Loaded Pockets

It started off as an in-house joke. It went to ShotShow and got "outside", as a joke. A mall-ninja saw pics on the internet, they started getting calls... at $40-60 a pop, I'd sell rail-mounted sex toys if people would buy them. ;D

9. adaman04

adaman04 Empty Pockets

Crimson Trace is the only way to go laser IMO.

10. b.sloan

b.sloan Loaded Pockets

11. Dafabricata

Dafabricata Loaded Pockets

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :laugh: :laugh: ...I gotta see a picture of your product design!! :green: :shocked: :crackup:

12. Otony

Otony Empty Pockets

I absolutely hate that this is going to be my first post here but....yeah, I bought one of the bayonets. It was intended as a joke to make a few friends laugh, which it accomplished perfectly. :laugh: One fellow managed to spit up most of his soda when I whipped it out. :laugh: :laugh:

First things first however, I got mine for about 25 bucks, and it was packaged as a Ka-Bar (who I believe makes 'em for LaserLyte). And second, it is pretty obvious that it will not last through any kind of exercise whatsoever, even some goofy drill only gecko 45 could think of. The blade to handle ratio is odd somehow, and it is too small in the grip to get a comfortable grasp on when not mounted, so it is basically useless as a knife. The sheath sort of wraps around and clips on, and is exceedlingly awkward to deal with. When the whole affair is mounted you can just forget ever trying to holster the darn thing. I am waiting to see if anyone comes up with a holster for this garbage, then I will know that we are doomed as a civilization...... :thumbsdown:

Frankly, even for a joke it was a stupid move on my part, but somehow I think I will be able to move it along on some forum or another...just not this one! :evilgrin:

13. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I am not really a fan of Lasers on firearms but they do have some advantages.

One of the huge problems of lasers is the problem of parallax. That is simply because they tend to be below the bore and it crosses the bullet path only once and gets further and further away with distance.

Right and left offset is not always that bad at multiple distances if you are willing to have parallel regulation. Conversing can work find if you accept that a smaller range envelope.

Being above the bore does take care of one of the problems with lasers. The switch looks a bit awkward to use.

14. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

You know, if they prove themselves in some time, I'd be all for 'em.

Laser evolution is gonna come fast now since so many are being sold- it may be the thing we all migrate too, like seatbelts in cars or something...who knows?

With my Glock 23 - I went thru "laser evolution" first the old grips on the backstrap, then jumped at the new LaserGuards - LOVE 'em over the old ones.

LL makes the ONLY laser for a NAA mini - I have 2 mini's and the one with the little LaserLyte on it is BY FAR the gun most people want to check out and shoot at range days. (and the LCR, of course)

15. grayelky

grayelky Empty Pockets

It might, but the part where they drove a nail in a board was kinda interestin'.

I currently have Crimson Trace grips on 2 of my handguns, one of which is a replacement for one that got the LASER module knocked loose. A shooting buddy had the same problem with his. Both were on 3" Kimber 45s. CT replaced them with an apology for the problem. (Great customer service to boot.)

16. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

17. ethernectar

ethernectar Empty Pockets

I think that bayonet gizmo belongs on this:

[​IMG]

18. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

A bayonet attachment on a handgun was practical way back in the day ... As in, when firearms were single-shot affairs, and you might have missed or your attacker was still coming. I've seen some designs that utilized a blade, even examples of folding blades. But yeah, none featured saw-teeth guaranteed to get hung up if you used the bayonet as a bayonet.

19. sanddragger28

sanddragger28 Empty Pockets

Ive seen them but never tried it.