1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone seen the YOUTUBE videos from "NUTNFANCY"

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by newtothis, Apr 21, 2010.

?

Well do you like it ?

1. YES

98 vote(s)
    81.0%
  2. NO

23 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. JP

JP Loaded Pockets

I check his reviews every now and then. The best part is that you can fast forward if he hits a boring streak. I almost bought a few Kershaws because of him.

2. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

Nutnfancy and Cutlerylover are two of the best reviewers of gear on the tube. But Nutnfancy often goes on boring rants on trivial stuff, and can be anoying sometimes. Don't like the videos where he's in the woods, or camping couse he often does not look like he knows how to chop down a tree or some basic stuff. I just want to shout "you're doing it wrong". :D

3. xxkid123

xxkid123 Loaded Pockets

when my friends are watching Family Guy and The Simpsons i'm watching youtube, with Cutlerylover and Nutnfancy at the top of the list.

4. rueingeni

rueingeni Loaded Pockets

Nutnfancy emanates this "life's short so let's have fun" attitude that I just don't share, and I don't like his 'philosophy' at all, but his reviews are pretty good, and there's no question that he knows his stuff. I also like his camping videos. I quit watching it though because I just got so sick of his attitude. Cutlerylover is awesome, I really respect that guy and thoroughly enjoy watching his videos. Other reviewers I think are worth mentioning:

BluntTruth4U: Unfortunately hasn't posted a video in half a year but he covers a lot of stuff that other people don't think about.
    MrDagon007: Excellent knife reviews, a lot of which are about unusual traditional/regional knives which are hard to get on the internet or in the US.
    thecajunblaze: How can you not enjoy these videos?
    XDM50 (Duane Myers): Most of his recent stuff is advertisement for his store and he has some philosophy that I don't agree with too sometimes, but his videos are short & to the point and quite enjoyable to watch.

5. Golden

Golden Loaded Pockets

At first I thought it was kind of silly that his knife/gun reviews would sometimes be 40 (0_0) minutes long, but you learn to appreciate how thorough he is with his reviews with time. There's plenty of stuff you wouldn't find in convential customer reviews on a website like amazon, like minor oddities with ergonomics/materials among other things. I also now realize it's difficult to make a compact youtube video unless you're working from a script/treatment/whatever, having tried to make one myself about my EDC.

6. jlagman

jlagman Loaded Pockets

When I've got the time, I can generally appreciate his long videos, especially regarding wilderness survival, run n guns, interviews with representatives from manufacturers (i.e. his videos from SHOT Show 2010) but I do agree that he needs to streamline his tabletop reviews. If you've never actually used the item in the field and are going off of design characteristics and theoretical extrapolations of how they should perform in the real world, I don't see why it has to be longer than 10 minutes.

7. SpyderTex

SpyderTex Empty Pockets

nutnfancy is very informative, but not very fun to watch. he is very precise and goes through many points, also doing some compare and contrast which i like. but my favorite knife reviewer is definitely bluntruth4u. he is great and the reason i bought my spydie sage 1

8. SpyderTex

SpyderTex Empty Pockets

+ 1 on his shot show vid. any spyderco lover should check it out no doubt about it

9. robertrock

robertrock Loaded Pockets

Nutnfancy, cutlerylover, and thecajonblaze are killing my bank account. Anytime I need product info these guys are my first stop.

After watching their reviews, I have to order something. :)

10. Cynt
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cynt Loaded Pockets

I can enjoy him, but it seems to me some of the abundant talk, may just be talk. I don't know, but it seems my gut reaction.
    Walk softly and carry a big stick...
    That said his reviews are there and there's plenty to be gained from him. Just wish he'd tone the "15yr old interwebs ego" down a bit.

11. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

I also like nycdave 212 and custom tacticals also have good reviews.

12. Erik88

Erik88 Loaded Pockets

I can honestly say that I think Nutnfancy has the most informative channel on Youtube. His videos are well organized, entertaining, and.....well....just ******. I really enjoy the TNP

13. Badnewz

Badnewz Empty Pockets

I tend to agree. I'll admit that I do enjoy the vids, but I just watch them for the entertainment value. I chuckle when they talk about using their knives for self defense. If either of them were dumb enough to pull their knives in a fight they would likely get five pounds of bacon cut off their backsides.

14. Krustofski

Krustofski Loaded Pockets

When I think about purchasing a new knive or multi tool, the starting point of my research is to look for a nutnfancy review. Because his gear reviews _are_ awesome. Not necessarily just because he's knowledgeable (a lot of guys are, that doesn't cut it), but because he consideres some points nobody else thought about in a review. Also, he is a rather intelligent and articulate person. I hate stupid idiots doing videos about things I like. And there are too many dimwitted people who use doing a "review" *cough* of their man-toys as an excuse for showing of: "Here, see my new 1911, it's, like, nickel-plated and stuff, and it makes my genitalia, like, larger. Really, a Glock makes, like, your penis shrink, but this enlarges it by, like, 5 inches." He doesn't do that. It's refreshing.

That being said, I avoid his political and "systems" videos like the plague. What I agree with in them (~80 % of his points) is common sense, or simple logic of the "well, duh!" type a twelve y/o would get, and what I disagree with often makes me want to slap a trout in his face. So I don't watch them at all.

This is great. It definitely goes onto my list of favorite alcoholic games. Right below smurf binge drinking.

15. JIM

JIM Loaded Pockets

Great reviews that I often watch before purchasing new gear. Already got myself a Leatherman Juice S2 and Streamlight stylus pro because of him...

I like the philosophy-vids because they mostly reflect my own thoughts.. The USK surprised me the most because it was way larger and bulkier than I've come to expect from him.

Also, the first aid videos I really like. Great selection of gear he has, though some a bit redundant.

16. Lafferjc

Lafferjc Loaded Pockets

I agree with the custom tacticals point. I haven't really considered the quality of information in his vids as compared to nutnfancy, but he definitely explores products that are at higher price point and less common.
    I do enjoy nutnfancy and I find his videos to be incredibly well produced for a youtube channel, but it really bothered me during his SHOT show coverage when he would start coughing rediculously when he heard the price of a product and spun the camera around to his face expressing shock and disdain. I just felt it was somewhat rude to do this infront of the owners and manufacturers of these products. Having said that, his SHOT coverage of the Spyderco booth was fantastic and in deepth.
    Also, Cajunblaze, hysterical and a must watch...sure he may not be as informative as the others, but the sheer amount of enthusiasm he has for knives is awesome and infectious.
    Lafferjc

17. Mecha04

Mecha04 Loaded Pockets

I watched his videos again this week and wow he sure talks alot. He needs to edit his videos down to just the useful information.

18. buckshot

buckshot Loaded Pockets

Well, either you like or dislike nutnfancys channel and videos, but he has enough subscribers and views that he is pulling in some serious coin from Youtube each month/year. Given the stats I suspect he is pulling in between 100 and 200 K a year which goes a long way to supporting your hobby/passion.

It takes time to build up your youtube channel but once your there the money is very attractive.

19. LilTakkun

LilTakkun Empty Pockets

Welcome to the internet...

20. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

Recently I've really been digging these videos by ChosonNinja. He demos fighting techniques, shows how-to videos on making swords, throwing weapons, spears... He's a little fake at times, but over all he does some good stuff.

His video list:
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ChosonNinja#g/u