1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Harbor Freight Precision Screwdriver Set

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by heathah, Sep 12, 2006.

1. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

This precision screwdriver set is housed in an orange case with a clear cover.  Inside are 30 bits, a magnifying glass, a flexible extension attachment, and a green adjustable-length driver.

The bits contain the following sizes:

Slotted: 1.0., 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 mm

Phillips: #000, #00, #0, #1

Pozi: PZ0, PZ1

Torx: T4, T5, T6, T7, T8, T9, T10, T15, T20

Hex: 0.7, 0.9, 1.3, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 4.0

The extension shaft is 8 in. in length and provides plenty of length to get into those hard-to-reach areas. It is made of a rubber sleave which contains (I believe) a metal spring/tube joint that allows the bit to turn when inserted onto the extension shaft while still holding the rubber sleave.  Great for reaching around corners.

If you didn't have enough reach already, the driver itself extends approximately 1.75 in. further than the standard 5.125 in. when contracted and it even locks in place when extended.  It is released by a small grey collar at the tip of the driver which allows the extendable length to be retracted back into the driver handle.

The magnifying glass itself is plastic but does provide a good level of magnification.  I wouldn't trust it to survive any serious encounters with noticeably harder objects though.

According to the website, the bits are hardened nickel chrome moly steel bits.  They do look very sturdy and well made.  The business ends of each bit are evenly centered and formed very well.  The driver itself is appears to be very well made and locks up very well when extended.  The flexible extension shaft also looks very well made and able to accomplish exactly what it was meant to.  The only negative about this kit is the magnifying glass.  It is made of plastic and probably wouldn't last through much heavy duty work, but it really wasn't designed to.

Another plus is that the bits are 4 mm so they will also fit in other common precision drivers and attachments including the bit driver on the Victorinox Cybertool.

I purchased this kit at a local Harbor Freight store in Tulsa, OK so this kit can be purchased at Harbor Freight physcial locations as well as on their website.  The kit retails for $9.99.

Ok, time for some pictures...

Attached Files:

2. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

More...

Attached Files:

3. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

Attached Files:

4. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

Attached Files:

5. bubbajoe

bubbajoe Loaded Pockets

I was just there ... i can't believe i missed that set :mad:. now i have to go back.