1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Hanging Pocket Clip

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by Yek4, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Yek4

Yek4 Loaded Pockets

Let me apologize in advance for posting this. I feel stupid but I've searched everywhere and can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for something similar to the Suspension pocket clip on the forum store. Specifically I'm looking for a plain metal one, a bit longer maybe. I feel like I've seen them on CountryComm but can't locate anything similar now. Any other suggestions? Thanks a lot!

2. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

3. Yek4

Yek4 Loaded Pockets

That one looks good! I was looking to spend less than that, but we'll see. Also it is currently sold out. :mad: Any other alternatives?

4. cpodbob

cpodbob Empty Pockets

5. jetpack

jetpack Loaded Pockets

6. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

I have the Victorinox belt hanger with 2 different length chains with lobster clasps and it is solid and works very well but I prefer the P7 clips. Check JS Burlys. Jon carries them. Truly low profile and depending on pocket depth, anything, almost anything can be carried invisibly. (Keychain type items that is). I have a keychain carry pen (keep switching between several options), leatherman micra or SOG Crosscut, photon microlight or fenix LD01 on a single P7 clip. Another P7 holds keys. Both go into same front left pocket. Quick access and easy to differentiate between them.

7. Yek4

Yek4 Loaded Pockets

Thanks I'm going to order one.

8. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

Missed the part where you'd already mentioned the Forum store in your OP. But as for a longer clip, try different size split rings, Mcgizmo clips, wire clasps etc. I've been having a field day trying the extras included in the Picopen package. I've also been trying out the chains separated and attached to the Victorinox belt hanger. Keep going back to the simpler P7 clip. KISS principle I suppose. By the way, titanium doesn't posess springiness. Steel does. Going from one pants to another with different thicknesses of material, the P7 doesn't lose any tightness or "hold". Spring tempered!

9. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Good point!

Titanium isn't a good choice for belt-clips or money-clips. I recall an incident where a large sum of money was put into a Ti money-clip. It expanded ... and the opening stayed that way! Thankfully didn't happen to me. I've been using a cheap, brass, money-clip for about a year. Very basic. I think I paid literally $2 for it at a 2nd-rate stationary store.

10. zev

zev Loaded Pockets

Anyone know if a cheapo version of this sort of device exists?

[​IMG]

11. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

That is the "cheap" version of clips that I've seen. Plus, you have the satisfaction of knowing you're supporting the forum by getting one in Jon's store. :)

12. qharjo

qharjo Empty Pockets

I made my own pocket hanger for my keys out of an old *thick* coat hanger. I formed a short length of it into a rough "treble" shape, then covered the wire with the outside jacket of a length of paracord. I then used a lighter and pliers to crimp the ends closed, and finished forming the shape. It now hangs from the split ring that the rest of my stuff hangs from, and keeps it out of the bottom of my pocket. Not classy, but expedient.

13. matt0

matt0 Loaded Pockets

I use one of these

[​IMG]

You can get them for a few dollars at Walmart. Back in the tire/battery section where they have the key cutting machines.

14. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

I use one of those too. Got it at a hardware store. Great for belt-carry. For pocket-carry, the clip from the forum store would be a good one.

15. jakeiscrazy

jakeiscrazy Loaded Pockets

You can also make one from an old hacksaw blade. There's a post somewhere in the DIY section.

16. zev

zev Loaded Pockets

17. knifelite

knifelite Empty Pockets

The clip that comes with an INOVA microlight works great for me. I don't have a picture.

18. Yek4

Yek4 Loaded Pockets

I'm happy with the one I got on the forum store.

19. Brules

Brules Loaded Pockets

Have you considered a homemade kydex clip?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

Brules you dog. Now THAT looks cool. How did you do it? I assume it's your own DIY kydex clip?