1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Hanging bag from seat?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Boudreaux, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Loaded Pockets

I am looking to get a new EDC bag, I am currently running a Maxpedition Sitka Gunslinger. I don’t mind the bag, but I am looking for something less tactical but around the same size. My bag is mostly secondary items (trauma kit, carry IPad, handgun, OTC meds, etc). My typical routine is grab my bag in the morning, drive my 30 min commute to work. Once at work the bag gets slung over the front of the passenger seat, so I can access secondary items if/as necessary. I spend most of my day in or within a few yards of my truck in a secure area.

So as I look for a new bag, I am looking at sling bags or moving to a backpack. I am wondering what options there are to hang a backpack from the seat? I have seat covers, but they can be cut or modified to be able to hang a pack. Here is a photo of my current EDC bag and setup, ignore the air rifle as it rides there as part of my work edc.

[​IMG]

2. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

I just place my pack on the seat and secure it with the seatbelt.

herosemblem likes this.
  3. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

My new EDC is the Vertx Ready pack. I LOVE IT!! it's fitting my needs perfectly. I don't have any load out photos but using their tactigami Velcro holster system I carry my G19x and backup mag in the dedicated CCW pocket. I've also got their gear holsters for my phone and my surefire tactical light. I've got my trauma kit, usb battery pack, hammock, other daily use items, my work notebook and planner etc. It's really been nice and it lives it's life mainly on the passenger seat of my truck. I don't particularly NEED it to hang from the back of the seat tho. I have seen some heavy duty clothes hangers basically that are designed for storage of loaded back packs and plate carriers. Not sure if you could utilize something like that from the headrest but I'd imagine you could rig something up. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

Ive got these perm attached to headrest stops bags falling when i break hard,also acts as a grab handle for rear entry when no bag [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Blackbeagle
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blackbeagle Loaded Pockets

Check out the Duluth Trading "Cab Commander" - kind of a bag that is designed to sit on the passenger seat. Open top with lots of pockets and round openings (thermos, half-used roll of paper towels, full size round wipes...) It is designed to be taken with you if necessary. That or you could consider a police duty bag (kind of the same thing, but covered.

[​IMG]

RichardA76 and twin63 like this.
  6. Durandal64

Durandal64 Loaded Pockets

I hang my Timbuk2 Alchemist messenger bag from the molded in headrest on my 2nd gen 1500. Works great and easy to access items.

7. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Also, check out greyman tactical rigid molle panels if you haven't already.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8. RichardA76

RichardA76 Empty Pockets

9. swedishelite22

swedishelite22 Loaded Pockets

Click the reviews and there are tons of pictures.

RichardA76 and Mistah_Kurtz like this.
  10. swedishelite22

swedishelite22 Loaded Pockets

Simple version, old carabiner and 10" of rope...

[​IMG]

Armsman, RichardA76 and earthman like this.