1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Handwriting...

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Anyday Carry, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Jonb74

Jonb74 Loaded Pockets

My handwriting used to be very small, tight and neat. All my notes in college were handwritten as there was no such thing as a laptop back then. Fast forward many years and I type much faster than I can write. I still scribble notes to my self, but if possible I type. Sitting on conference calls, going to meetings, etc - laptop. Much faster to capture information, format it, etc. that to hand write it.

When I do write, I have a blend of cursive and block print that has just evolved. Still quite small (I use about 1/2 the height of a college ruled notebook line). The larger I write, the worse it gets.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  2. compy222

compy222 Loaded Pockets

This has recently worked for me as I've found the pilot g2 in .38mm to be a fantastic fit for my writing style.

3. OilfieldCowboy

OilfieldCowboy Loaded Pockets

I used to have decent cursive handwriting, then I started working in the field with mainly numbers and single alpha characters to accompany them. It then transformed into straight print due to secretaries and assistants complaining about legibility.

My employees now all have to pass a handwriting test to become field hands, if I can't read their application for certification it gets shredded. And then they get to try again.

4. Anyday Carry

Anyday Carry Loaded Pockets

What is that you do?

5. ketchupgun

ketchupgun Loaded Pockets

Try and think of you handwriting like you're drawing pictures. Like it's art you are creating...because it is.
    Basically slow down and watch your letter forms.
    I try this everytime, but I'll admit, I inevitably start scribbling faster and faster when I'm with a client. ...and then I can't read i later lol

Cobra 6 Actual and Serena like this.
  6. ketchupgun

ketchupgun Loaded Pockets

What nib is that?

7. WMoon

WMoon Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Done with my favorite pen, a Matt Martin full Moku-Ti custom with a CF grip to keep it from getting too cold.

Gh0st, WillAdams, Idox and 6 others like this.
  8. Invictus

Invictus Loaded Pockets

My alphabet handwriting on the right page, written with a black Lamy combo pen (pictured above). My favorite pen to date. On the left is my Japanese handwriting: I use the mechanical pencil (HB fillings) on the Lamy combo for Japanese in stead of a pen because it is more detailed and cleaner.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

WillAdams, Idox, Blade Girl and 2 others like this.
  9. OilfieldCowboy

OilfieldCowboy Loaded Pockets

I'm an operations manager for an oilfield service company. We do pages and pages of handwritten logs every day that are handed off to secretaries to be inputted and turned in to customers. Good handwriting is necessary when you consider the layers of manpower our field logs sometimes travel through.

Cobra 6 Actual and Sachsen like this.
  10. david57strat

david57strat EDC Junkie!!!

I don't really see the need for long handwriting - unless I'm signing my name on something (like a check, or a contract, etc.). It's just unnecessary - and my handwriting sucks lol.

Most everything I write is on the computer, save for sparse hand-written notes I make on notebook paper (which generally get transferred over to a Word file, if they're important enough to actually keep; and since I type about 120 wpm on a good day, it's worth the trouble, so I have a permanent record of whatever it was that was worth keeping.

(I must have been a doctor, in another lifetime)

11. jprieb086

jprieb086 Empty Pockets

Growing up, we had handwriting practice every day, even though the schools began installing computers (around 6th or 7th grade or so). This is from when I replaced all the window coverings in our house. The pen is a Zebra F701 with a fine tip refill.

[​IMG]

12. irco

irco Loaded Pockets

I´m using a Inoxcrom fountain pen and I think that write with a fountain pen is a pleasure.

13. Dougster

Dougster Loaded Pockets

I love using a fountain pen, I have many and write all the time. I have recently discovered the Whitelines app which I would love to use, but as it's on Android and iphone I can't (being a windows user).

Google whitelines.se

Looks great though

14. wildborego

wildborego EDC Junkie!!!!!

my hand writing sucks

Blade Girl and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  15. Serena

Serena EDC Junkie

I'n gonna give that app a try!!!

Blade Girl and Dougster like this.
  16. Blade Girl

Blade Girl Banned

Wow.I was just thinking about this the other day..my handwriting. I used to have beautiful handwriting, but since I started keyboarding so much, I don't know what happened. My handwriting is horrible. I can't even seem to write nice if I try! What's up with that? Does keyboarding a lot have something to do with that?

wildborego, Invictus and Mr. Martines like this.
  17. craneman

craneman Loaded Pockets

18. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

I think I'm fairly consistent in my writing. If I'm in a hurry, you can certainly tell it. I'm sure that is probably true for most people.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. compy222

compy222 Loaded Pockets

They come in four size very thick at 1.0. Medium at .7. Fine at .5 and extra fine at .38.

These arent some special pen, just find the package at your store that says .38 and youre good to go.

20. LongarmoftheLaw

LongarmoftheLaw Loaded Pockets