1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Handkerchief, anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by madlag, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Guarddog
    • In Omnia Paratus

Guarddog EDC Junkie !!!!!

This has been an interesting thread that definitely caught my eye. I'm a simple guy that uses the el cheapo white cotton and bandanna style kerchiefs. I'm definitely considering stepping up my game . . . so many choices. I have seen in this thread many vendors/companies producing what looks like some quality products.

Below is a quick list of those featured in the thread by one contributor or another.

Which do you recommend as the best "value" (price vs. quality)?

Slinghammer
    krazykristydesigns on etsy
    Hanks by Hank
    Eden Ranch Accessories
    Hickoree Hill-Side hank
    Krazy hanks
    Godspeedtactical
    Blue Label Hanks
    Rocket Squares
    Skar Hanks
    MoreinMade

Guarddog

Longbow_06 and madlag like this.
  2. j.b. books

j.b. books Loaded Pockets

I have hanks from a few of the makers, so I can't speak for each of them, but generally I don't think you can go wrong. They're pretty similar in terms of quality as most are made from the same materials.
    The Slinghammers were a little different (larger, not the usual print fabrics) but I don't think they're made any more. He also didn't pre-wash his fabrics, so a couple of mine shrunk unevenly. I had the same problem with my Godspeedtactical. I just have the one though, so that could have been a fluke. I have a few Skars, which have been great so far. Hanks by Hank are nice, and Hank is a cool guy, but for the same money there are other hanks I'd rather buy (just a personal preference).
    I plan to pick up an Eden Ranch next time I feel the urge to buy a hank. They're made buy a forum member and support the forum through the store, so that's pretty cool.

Edit:
    I also have a couple Hill-Sides. They're well made and stylish, but waaaaaay to expensive, IMO!

Last edited by j.b. books, Jan 9, 2016
  3. BarneyG

BarneyG Loaded Pockets

Finally made some time for making ... a "Big Bang Theory" styled one has finally been completed

[​IMG]

ANJARI, Longbow_06, madlag and 6 others like this.
  4. DuncMan

DuncMan Loaded Pockets

I have to say, I've always loathed the idea of carrying the contents of my nose in my pocket. Much prefer tissues. :p

5. AndrwTNT
    • In Omnia Paratus

AndrwTNT EDC Junkie

[Post deleted]

Last edited by AndrwTNT, Jan 30, 2016
    Longbow_06, madlag, chavez and 6 others like this.
  6. RocketRacoon

RocketRacoon Loaded Pockets

As far as best value is concerned it's difficult to say. The price range is not very large between majority of the makers except for those made by Huckleberry Woodchuck which is priced at a premium.

I have hanks from Blue Label Hanks, Hanks By Hank, Skar Hanks, Cranky Hanks, Fat Tire Chick, SewTailorMade, Epic Hanks, Gentlemen's Carry, and a few others. They are all similar to a degree, but I noticed the hanks from Blue Label Hanks seem to come out better after a washing over some of the others. He pre-washes them so that makes a difference. Hanks by Hank are very nice, but I don't think he pre-washes his materials as they have come out of the wash with mixed results among my different hanks from him. Skar Hanks uses high quality material, but yes I think the label sucks. The Fat Tire Chick, made me a very nice custom Rocket hank and it was very well made, but the label is rather large.

In any case, the most important thing is to get a pattern you like because all it really is...is a piece of fabric...

Longbow_06, madlag, Guarddog and 3 others like this.
  7. citoman305

citoman305 Loaded Pockets

Cool thread.
    I started carrying handkerchiefs about two months ago with some white generics I had stashed away, but caught the bug, as most have, by viewing these threads.
    Started keeping an eye out for hanks in general then would search for prints I like. Scored on a couple during the holidays.
    Not the "coolest" but a definite upgrade from my plain white ones..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With today's carry
    [​IMG]

The white ones definitely took a bit to break in. These newer ones are no fuss broken in.
    Great night to all.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

ANJARI, Puinsai, Longbow_06 and 3 others like this.
  8. Guarddog
    • In Omnia Paratus

Guarddog EDC Junkie !!!!!

Here is another one I came across. Anyone familiar with his products?

Uzin Hanks

Guarddog

Longbow_06 and madlag like this.
  9. Devon Scout

Devon Scout Loaded Pockets

Should I be concerned ?

Ordered a hank from Godspeed on 31st Dec, waited two weeks for an email saying dispatched but no email. So I emailed asking when it would be dispatched last Thursday but I've had no reply. I note they usually dispatch within five days. It's the no reply that bugs me, I appreciate people get busy and dispatch can be delayed, but a quick note as to why would settled my mind.

OH DEAR !

A quick google after posting this ! Shame, it was the lovely shots of everyone's on here that attracted me.

Longbow_06 likes this.
  10. Frankie Bones

Frankie Bones Loaded Pockets

Here are a few of mine from Cranky, Swank and Skar. They are all about the same quality. I have not had any problem with washing any of them or labels coming off.
    [​IMG]

11. Devon Scout

Well I still haven't had a reply from Godspeed about my order. Which leaves me feeling as though I've been robbed ! Perhaps the guy is busy, may be he has piles of orders, perhaps I should give him the benefit of the doubt. Who knows ?

So I've decided to have a go myself at making a few and the material is on order. Just need the Mrs to give me some guidance, watch this space.

Longbow_06 and tfbraden like this.
  12. j.b. books

j.b. books Loaded Pockets

Well that stinks! I'm really sorry to hear that. Maybe file a claim with your credit card company?

13. FeeSimpleAbsolute

FeeSimpleAbsolute Loaded Pockets

I also use the white cotton ones, primarily. Got 'em from Wal-Mart for cheap. But my wife recently started making them for me, so I have a ton of new ones in colors I like. I'd like some of the ones I've seen on here, but for now, they are cheaper to make.

tfbraden, Longbow_06 and madlag like this.
  14. madlag

madlag Banned

Don't worry Eli is all out of sorts. He was evicted from his Shop/home because his landlord stopped paying the bank. He will send you what you ordered.

Sent from the middle of nowhere

15. madlag

madlag Banned

He's a good guy hang in there. He owes me one also from that same timeframe.

16. madlag

madlag Banned

I can tell you these are by far the best quality I've seen and are built to last. Cool combos too!

ANJARI, Guarddog, Devon Scout and 4 others like this.
  17. Devon Scout

Cheers that's all I need to know, I really don't mind if I know that there is good reason. Pretty bad his Landlord has let him down.

madlag and Puinsai like this.
  18. RocketRacoon

Here's some pics of hanks from the different makers I purchased from...

Cranky Hanks:
    [​IMG]

Epic Hanks:
    [​IMG]

ANJARI, Guarddog and tfbraden like this.
  19. RocketRacoon

Skar Hanks:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. RocketRacoon

Hanks By Hank (the pink and purple hanks were purchased for my wife):

[​IMG]