1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Handkercheif? Schmeg? Buff?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by tecster, Jun 2, 2013.

1. VinceRN

VinceRN Loaded Pockets

I've been looking at these thing for EDC and I think I've settled on a Shemagh and a bandanna. The Shemmagh is very versatile, and I would rarely use it to actually wear, except out in the desert or if it suddenly got very cold. Towel, seat, kid blanket, picnic surface, and other possibilities come to mind. A 42" square of light, somewhat absorbent cloth seems a handy thing to have around.

T.H.Cone likes this.
  2. critterfixer
    • In Omnia Paratus

critterfixer Loaded Pockets

I have no experience with the Shemmagh and although it looks like a very practical piece of gear, I think it would draw too much attention in my neck of the woods. I'm a huge fan of buffs. I wear one on my head every time I go for a run to keep the sun off my head and to absorb sweat. Much more absorbent than cotton. It also makes a good neck warmer in the winter and face mask when skiing. Great gear in my opinion. I guess a really big bandana would be as versatile, but the standard sized variety that I've ran across aren't nearly as useful.

3. Stewsquared

Stewsquared Loaded Pockets

Love my Buff! Don't hike without it. Also, being a ginger it keeps the sun off the back of my neck. Good in the winter too. I'd recommend one to a pal.